Building our 1st hide with my boys!

stratts

My boys have been bugging me for a while now to get out shooting with me but alas I think they are still just a bit too young.

So I took them out Saturday to get involved by building our 1st pigeon hide together. Once it's complete I've said they'll be able to set out some decoys with me and sit and watch the pigeons come in and anything else that may stray near, but without the guns for now. I know what will happen the birds will flood in and it'll do my head in but at least it'll give me an idea how long they could sit for!!

We were only out for a couple of hours coz it's still bitterly cold but made a decent start and had a nice time. I'll update the thread as we go along building.

And if anyone has any tips on what to use in the hide please let me know as I've never done one before. I thought about some willow that would take and be pruned and formed in the future??

Cheers

Attachments

• Iphone 277.jpg
    Iphone 277.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Iphone 273.jpg
    Iphone 273.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 78
  • Iphone 274.jpg
    Iphone 274.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Iphone 276.jpg
    Iphone 276.jpg
    649.7 KB · Views: 72
Like the idea of a permanent hide, and the willow idea will work well if it is around you too. Nice to see the boys will still sit in the boot, even after the dent....!! Were the clamps received OK/any good?

Like the idea of a permanent hide, and the willow idea will work well if it is around you too. Nice to see the boys will still sit in the boot, even after the dent....!! Were the clamps received OK/any good?

Yes mate sorry I forgot to PM you back thanks, not had chance to test them yet but they look spot on, cheers.

The cheeky buggers did say watch I don't hit another one though!! 5 and taking the **** already!!! God love em!!

Back