Magazine spring.

neil the plumber

Hi guys, done a few searches both on here and the web, but still after some help please. The spring has broke in my magazine and trying to replace it. Quite an old gun, so will probably have to make one. Any body know of stockist , outlets for such an item. About six inch long ang half inch wide. Cheers neil

Hi Neil, ''Quite an old gun'' - what make is it??? If it is a mauser type magazine leaf spring then I have a quite a few lying around the workshop. A picture of your broken spring may help out in your search.

Regards, Jim.

Thank you for the interest lads. Much appreciated. The gun is a BSA hornet. The main mag spring is a w shape, but there is also a v shaped spring that lies along side the main spring. This spring seems to be there to push up the rim end of the round, which is heavier. It's the little spring that's gone. Each side of the spring is 2" long and 3/8" wide. Will try pics, but this may be well beyond my skill spec.
cheers neil

Thank you for the interest lads. Much appreciated. The gun is a BSA hornet. The main mag spring is a w shape, but there is also a v shaped spring that lies along side the main spring. This spring seems to be there to push up the rim end of the round, which is heavier. It's the little spring that's gone. Each side of the spring is 2" long and 3/8" wide. Will try pics, but this may be well beyond my skill spec.
cheers neil

Well someone has been playing about as there should only be ONE magazine spring in there.

Firstly you need to check which model BSA rifle you have. The Hornet chambering was offered in Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh interesting it seems only the very early rifles. The Hunter and Regent prefix 1A & 1B for the Hunter and 1C & C1 for the Regent. Seems producttion of the Regent continued in the Hornet chambering up until 1968.

John Knibbs should be able to help with the correct spring.

Back