Which Ear Defenders

Sako Hunter

Looking for a pair of ear defenders, I like the look of the Peltor Sporttac, however been told they can be bulky and mark the stock on your gun. I want them for both Shotgun and Rifle Shooting.

Any recommendations, the slimmer the better.

Have had a pair of Peltor soundtrap for about 12 years. Great when stalking as they amplify the rustles etc but stop the rifle crack.

I bought PELTOR TACTICAL 6S 6-S ELECTRONIC STEREO EAR DEFENDERS last year. They're slim and very effective, but I was using them shooting clays on Saturday morning and after one round of shooting, the rechargeable batteries died on me. I'd charged them overnight, so they should have held out better than that. It was pretty cold though.

I purchased some Howard Leight Impact Sport a while back on recommendation from another member and they are excellent - and good value if you shop around.

Peltor Sportac get thumbs up from me.
Changed the batteries once in two years, I have not noticed any marks on my stocks.

Looking for a pair of ear defenders, I like the look of the Peltor Sporttac, however been told they can be bulky and mark the stock on your gun. I want them for both Shotgun and Rifle Shooting.

Any recommendations, the slimmer the better.

Used the peltors for many years and rate them highly for both my own use and when instructing. Excellent battery life. Slim with no fouling of stocks. Check around for prices though as they can vary widely with around £100 a good price.

I've used the Sordins Supremes for a few years now and have found them superb, not cheap but after some scumbag pinched my Peltors, I treated myself.

Peltor ComTacs with all the VERY expensive cables, switches and microphone with boom for two-way on the range radio coms.

Haven't found a pair yet that don't get in the way during the 'lift' stage of the running deer disipline. Not that I shoot it very often these days!

K

Try ARCO lots of models free delivery,and cause there not supplied for shooting you wont pay daft money,they do peltors lots of different kinds worth a look.stuart

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X - you only have one set of hearing, so protect it. Not the cheapest by a long way, but you can wear them all day and they do a cracking job.

Mike

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X - you only have one set of hearing, so protect it. Not the cheapest by a long way, but you can wear them all day and they do a cracking job.

Mike

Yep, couldnt agree more. I love mine, the sound re-production quality is amazing.

I had some Peltor Sport-Tacs? before, the quality was nothing compared to the MSA

Napier's are probably least bulky; they will fit into a small pocket. I always carry mine in the butt pack on my rifle.

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X with gel ear cushions - cost £210, but the best ear defenders I have ever had.

willie

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X with gel ear cushions - cost £210, but the best ear defenders I have ever had.

willie

Same again I'm afraid, top bit of kit and built to last.

Jim

Back