My X Trail is looking a bit better now chaps!!

stratts

Spent last night after work fixing up the XT and it went pretty well.

Whipped the old hatch off and sorted the wiring, after having to dismantle most of the rear trim to get at the connections!

Took off the bumper and used a heat gun at work to soften and re-shape to a half decent standard. It'll need a bit more work but at least it doesn't foul the rear hatch.

Still a bit of work to do coz the hatch is a slightly different colour
laugh.gif
and needs spraying, the inner bulkhead needs a pull and the bumper needs spraying, but a mate who does body repair (& is very good too!!) will do it all for £140!

So for less than the excess was going to be I've done the lot!!

Happy days!!
good.gif

XTFixed_zpsad033545.jpg

Spent last night after work fixing up the XT and it went pretty well.

Whipped the old hatch off and sorted the wiring, after having to dismantle most of the rear trim to get at the connections!

Took off the bumper and used a heat gun at work to soften and re-shape to a half decent standard. It'll need a bit more work but at least it doesn't foul the rear hatch.

Still a bit of work to do coz the hatch is a slightly different colour
laugh.gif
and needs spraying, the inner bulkhead needs a pull and the bumper needs spraying, but a mate who does body repair (& is very good too!!) will do it all for £140!

So for less than the excess was going to be I've done the lot!!

Happy days!!
good.gif

XTFixed_zpsad033545.jpg

Looks much better buddy and not as much as you thought it may cost either hey, while your mate is working on it get him to drill four holes in it for some parking sensors lol, I've fitted some on mine and they are brilliant got mine off fleabay for about £30 if I remember correctly worth every penny IMO

Cheers fella's I've decided to do what has worked well for 20 odd years and that's to park forwards!! Although for 30 quid I might be tempted once it's sorted and fit them in the front just in case!!!

Parking Sensors or Reversing Camera or maybe always have a passenger in the vehicle so while undertaking any Reversing they could guide you safely avoiding TREE's or other obstacles Have you given it any consideration to one of those Reversing Alarms, Is your mate cheap as you give him so much work.:doh:

Last edited:
Get rid of the number plate again. It's ok mate that's the one from the breakers! Cheers

Looking good and to be honest seeing you X Trail has got me looking for one!

Parking Sensors or Reversing Camera or maybe always have a passenger in the vehicle so while undertaking any Reversing they could guide you safely avoiding TREE's or other obstacles Have you given it any consideration to one of those Reversing Alarms, Is your mate cheap as you give him so much work.:doh:

:lol::lol: I'll have you know that's my 1st ding for about 20 years!!

now stay away from the trees feller lucky to get a used tail gate quick maybe get some after market rev sen's :doh: :thumb:

Looking good, glad you got is sorted so cheaply.

Nearly 4 years ago when I bought my smart car I was offered rear parking sensors, after I had stopped laughing I declined to spend the extra money.
I should have got them, even now I cannot judge where the rear bumper is, never hit anything, just the opposite, I still cannot believe how short it is.
I reckon with the tail gate open I can reach back past the bumper :lol:

Neil. :)

Thats what a towbar is for ?

Looking good, glad you got is sorted so cheaply.

Nearly 4 years ago when I bought my smart car I was offered rear parking sensors, after I had stopped laughing I declined to spend the extra money.
I should have got them, even now I cannot judge where the rear bumper is, never hit anything, just the opposite, I still cannot believe how short it is.
I reckon with the tail gate open I can reach back past the bumper :lol:

Neil. :)

Back