Foxing on Foot

With plenty of cloud cover and a stiff breeze it had to be a good night for foxing…
I text the farmer to say I would be over around 7, however I all ways stop at a field only a couple of hundred yards from the house and flick the lamp just to have a look!
2 sets of eyes were showing so I text that farmer grabbed the kit and off I went.
The first fox shot I looked for the second but it had disappeared..
I never like to be too late from my original time I had told the farmer, so off to the second farm.
This fox was sniffing around a hedge out around 120 yards but trotted off then gave me that last look and as you can see in the picture it was his last.

With no other eyes showing I drove back to the first farm and started using my home made Tenerfield whistle… A set of eyes popped out the hedge and trotted in my direction…a pregnant vixen out around 150 was the third for the evening.
That picture taken I headed over the first fox to take a picture and retrieve him, but it is all ways worth a last look behind you! So back over the ditch and in the direction where the vixen was shot…This fox was not so keen but he was quite happy just to sit and look....it was a long way but the 75 grain rounds fly fast and flat so 244 yards he dropped….Then back again to retrieve the first and HOME!!

Tim.243
STA60356_zps954681a9.jpg
STA60352_zpsdfd93bfa.jpg
STA60353_zps348e5d7b.jpg
STA60354_zpsa9671744.jpg

Nice going, I use nearly the same kit, Remington 700, 75 grain accutip, and S&B on top, wildcat predator 8 mod, vixo looks nearly ready to drop.

Last edited:
Nice shooting that vixen looks ready to explode would have thought they would be tucked up in there dens now waiting.

Craig

I am very happy with the 700....and the Kahles 3-12x56...

Tim.243
Had a walk about last night and saw seven, and only shot one, three pairs and one single, shot single :) And we thought we were getting on top of them :confused:

Last edited:
We have shot 67 off a 240 acre sheep farm, 32 of cattle/sheep farm and 45 around the land close to a big shoot....

I would swap them for a few good deer, but it keeps us sharp..

Tim.243

We have shot 67 off a 240 acre sheep farm, 32 of cattle/sheep farm and 45 around the land close to a big shoot....

I would swap them for a few good deer, but it keeps us sharp..

Tim.243

Nice going Tim.243 ! keep up the good work :)

Andrew

Back