Badger Cull latest

all this cost and bother over an animal thats not endangered any longer,the simple and cost free solution "put a season on them to be shot by the landowner or there servent" they do more damge to the land than any fox which isnt in decline and no one is really jumping up and down about them,as long as your not chasing them on a horse.

Pretty good summary of the situation I would say.

With reference to see it shoot it eat it's post.

Couldnt agree more oh distinguished one...wouldnt look good for the government though so they are tightly controlling who and where so the anti's are appeased to some extent.

They should have put them on general license for the duration of the Badgers non breeding time.

To me this sounds the best and most cost effective way of dealing with them. And you will obviously get land owners who will say when giving out permissions Badgers are on/off the hit list. Charlie is not on the verge of becoming an endangered spicies and they are hit hard all year around. No cost to the tax payer and after the initial flare up by the anti's in sure things will settle down and it will be seen in the same light as foxing, yes there will be the odd die hard anti but im sure most will get board and find a tree to hug.

Couldnt agree more oh distinguished one...wouldnt look good for the government though so they are tightly controlling who and where so the anti's are appeased to some extent.

Tony. I don`t think the antis are about like they were, most are more like armchair warriors now.
Besides, if Badgers are being shot at night i can`t see too many antis out there stumbling across fields trying to catch someone in the act.

they already have the farmers names and adresses , they got them under the freedom of information act . The quickest option would be to gass the setts or treat them with fire fighting expanding foam but these arent approved methods , the best option would be a season from june until january for any method to include digging under licence

they should issue tags (same deer and other species in the rest of the world) and just start blasting.

they already have the farmers names and adresses , they got them under the freedom of information act . The quickest option would be to gass the setts or treat them with fire fighting expanding foam but these arent approved methods , the best option would be a season from june until january for any method to include digging under licence

WRONG! They got a list of farmers off 192.com and half were not even in cull area. Please be careful when posting duff info.

Remember that the reason for culling, is for TB control and it is a trial. Therefore the General License has no bearing on the situation.

Spurting rubbish like "blasting" , "badgers kill everything" does the shooting/rural community no favours, especially within this very contentious subject

Remember that the reason for culling, is for TB control and it is a trial. Therefore the General License has no bearing on the situation.

Spurting rubbish like "blasting" , "badgers kill everything" does the shooting/rural community no favours, especially within this very contentious subject

+1

please be careful, the antis DO monitor this site. They were even quoting posts from on here on the badger killers website when this was a hot topic last year. Yes, we know there are too many badgers and what the historical reasons for this are. We also know that a lot of wildlife would benefit from there being less of them. However, Bambislayer is correct, this is about TB and is of vital importance to the uk cattle industry so I ask that all countrymen are careful not to alienate the public or post incorrect information that will be used against us. Cheers

The names bambislayer or seeitshootit probably don't do any favours if the antis read this site...

They are somewhat provocative names that provoke imaginative minds to believe things that probably aren't true about you as individuals ;)

The names bambislayer or seeitshootit probably don't do any favours if the antis read this site...

They are somewhat provocative names that provoke imaginative minds to believe things that probably aren't true about you as individuals ;)

I wonder what they'd make of my avatar picture? I guess it probably gives the impression i'm at war with wildlife when actually the reverse is true. I just enjoyed the film. B-)

Until 1997 The Government issued licences to cull badgers in specific areas under a clause in the legislation.

1997 Labour party arrived in Government and received £1 million in donations from animal charities.

Since 1997 no more licences have been issued by the Government to cull badgers in specific areas.

Bovine TB has been found in sheep, Alpacas and deer.

http://www.nfuonline.com/Our-work/Bovine-TB/TB-advice/Bovine-TB-in-sheep/

Leading campaigner on TB in alpacas diagnosed with M.Bovis | News | Farmers Guardian

just like your avator photo then LOL the antyis may think we all run around the countryside dressed like a bush/wannbe sniper

Back