Scaffolding for high seats

macfarlane

Allowed to put 4 or 5 new high seats up on one of my grounds,ive got some scaffolding lying around and long ladder sections,chains ,locks,etc anyone made any using scaffolding.once its up and build dont mind welding it solid but if poss ,id like something i could take done and move in the future.any plans,ideas ta stuart.

Allowed to put 4 or 5 new high seats up on one of my grounds,ive got some scaffolding lying around and long ladder sections,chains ,locks,etc anyone made any using scaffolding.once its up and build dont mind welding it solid but if poss ,id like something i could take done and move in the future.any plans,ideas ta stuart.

made some years ago,

Great if the point of seat is close to road!!!!! i had to carry mine for hlf a mile. but i have to say once its up and level mine was fine and very solid and was there for years. i just tied each corner off with fence fire to brace. to be fair mine was system scaffold -k-stage, yellow jelly etc etc has many names!!! I have also used one of the apex towers(h frame) access towers for many years also

cheers

I did one years ago out of tube & clips ,no need to weld it ,did'nt look pretty but did a great job .make sure you sit the tube on good wide blocks not just scaffold feet.we had the seat at 15 ft .great view,we had a couple of wires to to some oak posts put in at an angle for saftey (long before HaS had been heard of) .Only thing we had to change was the boards ,floor & sides because we never treated it .Second time we used treated scaff/boards and used green scaffold net with a bit of foilage poked through to camo it up a little.Good luck

if i was going to build something out of scaffolding you my aswell go with a raised doe box, it would be cheaper to build a highseat from box section but if you have some scaffolding knocking about then use it. but as said it will not look pretty lol.
stav

I would agree with stav you can do a very nice structure with the scoffolding and add a big doe box on top and fasten it to the scaffold tops the good thing with the scaffold is you will get a really good angle for the legs and stable,atb wayne

i have one built some scaffoling, been up 2 years. really good but as said, its better if you can get to it with a quad or tractor. mine is just a stanard 8ft bay tied down with some of that cheap cammo net thrown over it. i just lie down on the boards ( can't get a good shot sitting) as highseat6.5 said put some good feet on it.

Andy7mm

AArrgHHH,
What an eyesore for walkers etc it buggers up the stalkers image a bit, you could hang a culled badger off it to cool down for a week too "joke"".
Old galvanised can be painted to blend in better as the weathering etchs the surface.
Martin

Scaffold is handy if you don't have any suitable trees, due to felling etc. Two 20 foot poles, about a foot apart, hammered into the ground with a digger bucket so that they are secure. Put a portable seat against it, well lashed up, and Bob's your aunty's husband.

Back