nfu fleet insurance

Tomm

hello. bit of an odd question. me and a friend wish to swap cars for a few days in a few weeks, he wants to drive up country so he wants to swap his defender for my 308. his boss has fleet insurance with NFU. he is saying to me that anyone with a uk driving licence can drive any car on the fleet providing they have permission from the insurance owner. as neither cars are on the fleet he seems to think that they can still be driven on behalf of the farm insurance on a tempory basis without having to inform the nfu? is this correct?

thanks
Tom

Ring your local NFU office and check.

The farm I used to work at meant anyone could drive any vehicle with owners permission. The vehicles were (obviously) listed so that would NOT cover your case.

If his insurance gives him permission to drive other cars and be covered 3rd party that only gives him the minimum legal insurance. If you car is crashed or stolen you get nothing.

This type of insurance used to be very common a few years ago but they have clamped down on it a lot as people were using it to get young kids on their policies, most NFU policies have now had these clauses removed unless they have been specially put back in at extra cost.

Get him to check with his local branch office what the exact situation is.

Back