The best deer stalking county.

wag

Over the past year I've had the chance to shoot 5 of the 6 Deer species. Only Sika missing. All of which have been within 8 miles of Norwich in Norfolk. So which other counties can boost that.

Hampshire has got all of them except CWD (although the BDS deer survey thinks there are some in the new forest:eek: so maybe it has all six!) Dorset I think has the same 5 so these two counties would be as good as Norfolk and in my oppinion alot better as they have hills:stir:

All 3 of those counties are great. Somerset can boast 5 of the 6 aswell and it has both hills and flatlands!

Hampshire has got all of them except CWD (although the BDS deer survey thinks there are some in the new forest:eek: so maybe it has all six!) Dorset I think has the same 5 so these two counties would be as good as Norfolk and in my oppinion alot better as they have hills:stir:

+1 for Dorset... Ill show anybody 200 Sika in a morning without looking at Arne.

Ive not heard of cwd in the New Forest but hopefully so.

The munty's took a while gettind down from Salisbury/ Ringwood.

Some amazing Fallow and Reds.

Youll get five of the six within ten miles around Poole

Went to Bedfordshire a couple of weeks ago, not stalking just with the kids, and saw all six species.... Ridiculous volumes as well!

North yorks has five of the six, I've only seen three but have seen the sign/photo's of munty and Sika.

Got to be East Yorkshire, we have all deer species, well... except fallow, red, muntjac, water deer and Sika.

+1 for Dorset... Ill show anybody 200 Sika in a morning without looking at Arne.

Ive not heard of cwd in the New Forest but hopefully so.

The munty's took a while gettind down from Salisbury/ Ringwood.

Some amazing Fallow and Reds.

Youll get five of the six within ten miles around Poole

Terry- where have you seen Muntjac in Dorset out of interest? I saw one near Cranbourne last year.

Terry- where have you seen Muntjac in Dorset out of interest? I saw one near Cranbourne last year.

I put a post up about my seeing one on Arne ages ago to which there were a few guys saying theyd never seen one that far down..

Kindly another fella put a post up of his shot munty close by..

Lulworth is another place that seems to have a few

I put a post up about my seeing one on Arne ages ago to which there were a few guys saying theyd never seen one that far down..

Kindly another fella put a post up of his shot munty close by..

Lulworth is another place that seems to have a few

Pheasant Sniper is quite right, there are a few munties around Lulworth, one was taken quite recently I believe

+1 for dorset. I have seen five species here including a muntie doe around ferndown.

Has to be Hampshire, we have some amazing countryside and fantatsic stalking especially roe bucks. Same five as Dorset, no CWD unless someone wants to tells me something different!

Back