Thread: Stalking/ park deer North East

Stalking/ park deer North East

Hi I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm located near Northallerton in North Yorkshire. I have completed DSC1 and now I want to gain more experience out of the classroom! Park deer seem to be a good idea as I feel that getting a few numbers under my belt and getting hands on will benefit me most at this stage (if you disagree please feel free to comment). Also as my second name isn't Rockerfeller and this seems to be a cheaper option rather than paying for lots of stalks and possibly not getting many animals. If anyone has any contacts or knows anyone or has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Joe

PS. I do have a FAC and a tikka t3 in 243.

Joe pm Yorkshire deer stalking on here John robbo has access to lots of ground around north yorks and he's a credible wwittiness.
    Atb tom

Hi Joe,
    while you will probably ground more beasts at a deer farm and gain some quick experience at gralloching but can I suggest as far as stalking is concerned you would be better going out with a professional stalker such as John Robson of YDS as Tom (above) suggested. He has a wealth of knowledge which he will be more than willing to pass onto you as well as have lots of land with plenty of deer nearby and is an accredited witness so when the times comes to do your level 2 he's the man.

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll give John a call and have a chat maybe see about an outing or two. If anyone has any other suggestions regarding park deer i'd appreciate the input.

Thanks Joe