Thread: Tail-end perspective

Tail-end perspective

Hello everyone,
    I'm semi-retired from stalking after being in the business of deer management and control since 1971 when I exited the army.

My re-introduction to the natural side of life was overseen by two real professionals.
    An ex-Lovat Scout sniper - one of the two best in the latter-day wartime scouts, and son of the stalking trade from the highland hinterland, and the other a canny shepherd-stalker-bachelor - who spent more time on the hill than in his house - and his house was immaculate.

So I had to get a grip and pull the finger out if I was to slot into place and pull my weight.

It's inevitable that a working life of management and selectice culling will bring about experience. Even a fool cannot avoid that.
    It's even more likely that the worst of us will learn a few useful things along the way, so, with that behind me, and having reached the age of more yapping than shooting, I thought that I might intrude and dip into your forum from time-to-time and give a hand, or at least attract some flack and help keep the interest going.

One thing I have learned since I became less able to climb those hills, is that there's a ready hand to give a leg-up from those that I have met along the way.
    That's something you don't come across in many other walks of life, but then, there's a fellowship which just comes out amongst those who work amongst nature and real country sportspeople - they emerge from the strangest of places - not ALWAYS the countryside.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

Welcome to the site - it sounds like you have a lot of experience and expertise that we'll be able to benefit from. Hopefully you'll find the site useful, informative, challenging and humerous! There are a lot of good people on here.