Change of conditions on FAC

Andy7mm

Just a quick question does anyone have the condition on their FAC for Humane dispatch/ to prevent undue suffering. I am asking as the question came up last night on if an animal at the farm was seriously wounded or a danger to us would we be legal allowed to shoot it. I stay on a small holding if it makes any difference.

Andy7mm

Edit: i am sorry admin in this is in the wrong place

Just a quick question does anyone have the condition on their FAC for Humane dispatch/ to prevent undue suffering. I am asking as the question came up last night on if an animal at the farm was seriously wounded or a danger to us would we be legal allowed to shoot it. I stay on a small holding if it makes any difference.

Andy7mm

Edit: i am sorry admin in this is in the wrong place

I made sure I got mine altered to include all the expanding ammunition conditions available in the HO guidance so I wouldn't get caught out. Just send your FAC back in with a letter asking for

"I would like the conditions for expanding ammunition to be amended to ensure I will not be in breach of them. Can they be added as per HO guidance to read:
(a) lawful shooting of deer;
(b) shooting of vermin or, in the course of estate management, other wildlife;
(c) humane killing of animals; and
(d) shooting animals for the protection of other animals or humans.
"

That is what I asked for and it came back duly amended at no cost

I made sure I got mine altered to include all the expanding ammunition conditions available in the HO guidance so I wouldn't get caught out. Just send your FAC back in with a letter asking for

"I would like the conditions for expanding ammunition to be amended to ensure I will not be in breach of them. Can they be added as per HO guidance to read:
(a) lawful shooting of deer;
(b) shooting of vermin or, in the course of estate management, other wildlife;
(c) humane killing of animals; and
(d) shooting animals for the protection of other animals or humans.
"

That is what I asked for and it came back duly amended at no cost

Just remember that you need both your firearms and your ammo conditions amended.

My firearms are conditions so............

The firearms and ammunition shall also be used for the humane killing of animals.

I've also had my certificate altered to include "humane dispatch" as we have been getting a fair few deer emergencies. Having said that I wouldn't expect anyone to be castigated for putting an animal out of its suffering. An FEO did tell me some time ago that he would expect a responsible certificate holder to act in such circumstances. With the condition there can of course be no doubt.

Back