Deer Stalking fair Kelso?

wildfowler.250

What's the above fair like? I may be going down to pick up a couple of shoulder mounts off a taxidermist. Is it quite a small fair? It's a fair treck from Inverness though :lol:

What's the above fair like? I may be going down to pick up a couple of shoulder mounts off a taxidermist. Is it quite a small fair? It's a fair treck from Inverness though :lol:

What's it like ? Who knows, it will be it's first year. I expect it will be good though, do some searches on here.

So far, it's been faultless, never had a bad experience there. It's not huge but it is unique. .... "you'll never know, unless you go"

It has the makings of being a great show - Jamross from this site has be working tirelessly for months to make it happen with plenty of big name retailers going and should cater for all needs.

We will be attending and will have deals on knives, lardering products, knife sharpening systems, Roe Sack/Sika sacks and losts more.. :thumb:

Regards

Rob

The fair sounds good. The guys running it are a pair of knobs though .:lol::lol:

Tw*t...

Look at it this way.

I go to Scone and Moy fair every year. I stalk, shoot, fish for salmon and trout and work dogs yet these fairs still only have probably no more than 20 stands I am really interested in, but it is a good day out and a chance to meet up with mates.....except Nelson. But the majority of the stands at fairs now don't do much for me to be honest. Although I admit to enjoying the food marquee at Scone and get tore into the fresh oysters and free wine samples!

If you are into stalking, preparing your own venison, working dogs for deer or whatever else in the sport, then I would guess that every exhibitor here will be of interest. Even if you don't want to buy anything they are selling, the stands will have something to get your attention. Plus the chance to spend the day talking about stalking with stalkers! I would also imagine there will be a few swapped days sorted over the weekend!

I also found out today that one of the taxidermists coming is starting to prepare a gold medal fallow buck on the Saturday and hopes to have it completed by the Sunday. I have never had a beast prepared by a taxidermist but would really look forward to seeing what goes on with that task.

Tw*t...

Look at it this way.

I go to Scone and Moy fair every year. I stalk, shoot, fish for salmon and trout and work dogs yet these fairs still only have probably no more than 20 stands I am really interested in, but it is a good day out and a chance to meet up with mates.....except Nelson. But the majority of the stands at fairs now don't do much for me to be honest. Although I admit to enjoying the food marquee at Scone and get tore into the fresh oysters and free wine samples!

If you are into stalking, preparing your own venison, working dogs for deer or whatever else in the sport, then I would guess that every exhibitor here will be of interest. Even if you don't want to buy anything they are selling, the stands will have something to get your attention. Plus the chance to spend the day talking about stalking with stalkers! I would also imagine there will be a few swapped days sorted over the weekend!

I also found out today that one of the taxidermists coming is starting to prepare a gold medal fallow buck on the Saturday and hopes to have it completed by the Sunday. I have never had a beast prepared by a taxidermist but would really look forward to seeing what goes on with that task.

Plan is to go Sunday. I need to pick up my CWD anyway so good excuse to go. Is there a beer tent? :lol: looking forward to it now.

Plan is to go Sunday. I need to pick up my CWD anyway so good excuse to go. Is there a beer tent? :lol: looking forward to it now.

Not a beer tent, but bar and seating area within the smaller of the two halls. the CIC guys and their display and scoring stand, butchery demo and the stage area for a few short presentations are through there as well away from the buzz of the main hall.

We thought that since we stalkers are a sociable bunch being able to pop through for a beer/dram and a blether would be better through there.

I'm going down on the Saturday with a couple of friends and 3 of my clients/mates are coming up from England for it too. Looking forward to it :)

Brian take no notice of Nelson, or should he be called one eyed DICK!!!! everyone attending will enjoy the fruits of your very very hard work, Iam looking forward to meeting you and all the other contributors to this site

Patrick T

Brian take no notice of Nelson, or should he be called one eyed DICK!!!! everyone attending will enjoy the fruits of your very very hard work, Iam looking forward to meeting you and all the other contributors to this site

Patrick T

I hope it didn't come across as real that exchange? he is a mate of mine! Trust me, I have been called worse things than a knob...:doh::lol:

You might get called a few names if this fair is not of the highest quality. PS I was going to bring a bottle down to offer friends off the net a dram will i be breeching any rules.

Back