New Forest Fallow Cull With lwcdart

pheasant sniper 1

Many thanks to Lee and his team for giving three members off this forum such an amazing experience.

I was out for the morning with Nick an AW who had arranged a 4am start much to my delight as had been looking forward to a lie in for ages so set my alarm for 3.

The high seat we were aiming for was one that i had visited previously and takes spacious to a ridiculous level roughly being the same size as a small kitchen.
As always its great to sit there listening and observing the forest awake.
First out was a couple of fallow does accompanied with fawns followed by two roe that at a distance had us quite excited as one mounted the other briefly before both ran towards and under the high seat and were both does.
Deciding on a stalk aiming towards another high seat we saw some more roe enroute and a muntjac that was obviously late for something.
With no bucks revealing themselves we all rendevoued from diferent high seats at the larder with one fellas smile needing no explanation as he had taken a good representative six pointer and also another roe buck.

All off for brekkie we spent the whole time laughing at each others tales..

Out for the evening this time in the company of Lee and to diferent high seats it wasnt long before a huge roe doe came out of the woods leaving us hopefull that a buck wasnt to far away.
In the high seat for less than an hour two yearling fallow bucks emerged in an adjacent field with one dropping on the spot with a shot to the engine room and quickly reloading for the other i fired the rifle which disapointingly went click having not chambered the round. Quickly reloading i neck shot the other which dropped just feet away..

Gralloching them both and dropping them at the larder we could hear the other guys being equally succesful as the shots rang out.
Still being very early we then made our way to another seat and observed several roe and fallow does with some very noisy boys in close attendance but hidden in the woods

As always it was an immense pleasure to visit Lee's estate and between the three of us had taken six deer..

Many thanks Lee and best wishes to Nick and Ryan who also accompanied us and also to the two site members i had the pleasure to spend many hours laughing with..

Regards

Terry

The boys were 30 and 33kg

This is what the SD site is all about. Fellow stalkers helping others out and enjoying each others company, and getting good results as well :D

Well done, hope you guys have many more times togther.

Sikamalc

Terry

What a great day! Well done with the fallow and full marks to Lee as well - it looks like a very successful day all round.

There are few more dispiriting sounds than the click that comes from pulling the trigger on an empty chamber ;)

willie_gunn

Well done mate!

Looks like you had a great time, and a left and right eh?

We'll have to nominate you squad leader in our little band until someone else achieves the same feat ;) :lol:

ATB,

Amir

2nd half

PS1

Just a quick note to follow on. I have been down here for the second half of the expedition and managed a nice pricket (33kg too) and your man has added a pricket and another young buck to his tally. Just found out weather forecast for tonight is now sh1t so we'll have to see how we all finish up.

Lee and his crew are spot on and there are deer all over the place.

(was going to post my picture but I'm uglier than you and theres only one deer in it :D )

Hi Stand Buck

Yes i have two with another AW on a diferent estate so have one more to go which will hopefully be taken care of this week or next.

Well done shootingduckdog.. Lee has got a wonderfull set up and went to great lengths to ensure everyone had a day to remember

ATB

Terry

Good picture Terry. We will get you out next week when a bit more grass and crop is off! Sun permitting :confused:

Just back from Lee's place in the New Forest after being down for the full three days.

Amazing ground with lots of variety. The deer are plentiful and because of the thick cover and terrain you can see why. I managed 3 roebucks (including a lovely 6ptr, which had to be culled from a certain copse) and 2 fallow prickets, though if the weather had behaved itself (it rained a lot!) I'd have surely nailed more.

Lee and his crew including Ryan and Nick are thoroughly professional and a good laugh to be out with. And to meet so many other new friends from SD really capped the whole experience for me. All of a sudden SD is not just a chit chat forum for faceless people, it's real and a place to meet friendly people of the same mind.

Two great fellows, Pheasant Sniper and Bordersman, were down on the first days and it's a very long time since I laughed so hard and long. We were crying with laughter the whole time. Pheasant Sniper took us down to some nature reserve where we set up in an observation hide, locked the door and got ready to shoot some Sika stags before the wider public arrived...I am joking!! Seriously though, we just had a great laugh wandering around between gunshops and some Dorsetshire Sika territory on the offchance of seeing a few of the elusve deer in the middle of the day (not!) before heading back for evening stalks.

A big solid Yorkshire fellow called Shootingduckdog with a fine sense of humour and a knack of shooting fallow at point blank range when Lee was busy sitting beside him texting and blissfully unaware of the impending BOOM, was down from Yorkshire for the Tuesday and Wednesday. And 'sniper' Tim (please someone remind me of his username!) a fine chap from Sussex arrived and managed a cracking 220yds shot at a fallow. On another outing sitting in a high seat with Nick Berridge-Sharp the support tree was shaking with our attempts to stop guffawing and focus on spying. We still scored though and in rather inclement conditions ;). Nick really knows his stalking..and not just in the UK; like Lee he's a very switched on operator and a bloody good laugh.

So, all in all a terrific few days. Plenty of wonderful ground, a pile of deer, great company and some new friends. Perfect! :D

Thank you for putting up with us Lee and thank you for an opportunity that will always be remembered. I hope to see you again very soon.

Craig

cill

Gents

Many thanks to all the SD guys who braved the crap conditions in the New Forest this week & all in all I think you all seem to have had a great time with us.

It was nice to put some faces to the names at long last & I do hope to be able to post some dates for SD members for early season Does in November.

Thanks & best wishes to you all.

Lee

Cant agree with you more Craig, an absolute pleasure with good company, good weather and great stalking. Was well happy with my 220yrd Fallow, only just started homeloading and have not done alot of stalking either so couldn't be happier with the result. Also the assistance and professional approach from Lee & Ryan certainly put me at ease and made it a enjoyable day.
Many thanks to Lee & Ryan for an amazing day hopefully look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tim

Back