Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Harkila Jacket

Which Harkila Jacket

im looking for a new stalking jacket and have settled on the Harkila range. Im stuck between the Prohunter, Wisla (which is running at a good price atm) and the Lappmark. Most importantly I want it for keeping me dry but a bit of winter warmth would be good too.

Has anyone who uses them got anything good/bad to say about any of them?? Any help is greatly appreciated

graham I have the harkila kodiak Jacket and have never regreted buying it despite the cost and it is good enough to wear on a pheasant shoot as well.
    The only downside is that it dosent have a hood but as i wear a cap this is not a problem.
    Would i buy another yes definatelly
    A friend of mine has the pro hunter it may not look as nice and isnt quite as comfy but has a hood and is harder wearing.
    My advice is buy one you wil not regret it

I've got the Kodiak Jacket and trousers for winter and the Wisla jacket for warmer days - brilliant kit and well worth the money.

I have the pro hunter jacket and trousers and wear them continually they are very good and do the job well no regrets and would buy the same again.

I have the pro hunter jacket and trousers and think they are great infact I dont seem to wear anything else these days would even take the better half out for a meal wearing them if she would let me . Great piece of kit would buy exactly the same again.

I have the pro hunter and am very happy with it as does the guy i shoot with.

I wouldnt say you need anything warmer in this country, in fact i am looking for a lighter jacket to wear as i get a bit toasty!

I reckon that they are quite smart as well, easily good enough to wear on a driven day

I have the Prohunter and cant rate it any higher... Its water proof, silent, it has a hood if its really wet... Also they have a 5 year gaurantee

Local Estate that i go beating on gave all the keepers the new kodiak jackets last year and they all leaked on the first day of wearing them! It might have been a faulty batch but worth keeping in mind...

Overall I like the range and even though they are expensive they are good quality

thanks chaps, all good stuff

Blot; do you reckon the Wisla would be any use in a winter downpour?

No doubt the Wisla jacket will be waterproof but, you might get a bit cold.

Nothing some thermals and a micro fleece wouldn't fix.

I find layering up in winter is the way to stay warmest, thermals, microfleece, thicker fleece, then waterproof swazi thar anorak.

If you are considering a serious investment in a jacket a Swazi wapiti jacket would be worth a look but, if you're heart is set on harkila I would go for the Kodiak especially at this price;

I use the Harkila pro hunter trousers and they are very good quality.

Pro Hunter

I have both Pro Hunter and kodiak trousers and rate them both V Vhighly depending on the climate. But bot grades are exceptional