Tri-pod - Knobloch or bog-pod.

Moonraker68

I'm considering buying a tripod, and have narrowed the choice down to the above. Knobloch's are around £180, and Bogpod's £130 (both expensive, but I hope worth it). Any views on ease of use and durability would be appreciated.

2nd-hand camera tripod + section of 4" dia pvc pipe/guttering + dense closed cell foam + can of matte spray paint = PROFIT

Google "Sniper Saddle" for plans. Not even an hours work to modify the pipe to fit the tripod & glue the foam on, etc.

I've been wondering the same thing i've just ordered some similar ones to the bog pods for £96 from Ardmoor country clothing, tripod locking legs and swivel top they are not due to arrive until later this week i could let you know what their like when they arrive if you want ?

2nd-hand camera tripod + section of 4" dia pvc pipe/guttering + dense closed cell foam + can of matte spray paint = PROFIT

Google "Sniper Saddle" for plans. Not even an hours work to modify the pipe to fit the tripod & glue the foam on, etc.

As above a good second hand camera tripod and one of these a v yoke from ebay they fit perfect cost in all about £25 the lot 130780898366
Item number:

Mine arrived today they look very well made ill be testing them at the weekend £96 a lot of money for sticks but they look well worth it

Knob lock for me.... I've used both extensively, and found Bog Pod to be too noisy, much as I liked the swivel feature.

Two different beasts as alluded to above and although the slew & cant feature of the Bog Pod is a nice feature they lack, perhaps understandably, the build quality of German offering.

Another thing against the BP is the yoke as supplied is too hard and narrow to permit easy install of additional leather or foam padding.

If going for the Knobloch save the extra and get the one with quick release levers.

K

Last edited:
Mine are made by sealand top quality very well made
My mate was taking the **** about how much i paid until he saw them and said im ordering a pair !

Last edited:
+1 for the bog pod, very stable, lightweight to carry, and can be serviced if ever necessary with an Allen key. Mine has taken lots of weather and abuse with no issues. Pay a little more but only buy once.

Back