How easy is it to buy a gun in Texas?

Looking at the report only ,she makes much of buying a gun "just like the one used" and produces an M4.
Am I wrong to think a handgun was used and that the rifle was found in the car?

last time my mate bought a gun in Texas it was from a store, and he had to fill in a form and wait for it to be cleared, he waited a couple of weeks being a Brit,and not knowing the score, then found out it should have been done in a couple of days :doh: got a nice apology and his gun.

I think that it is worth re-saying that that in the USA there is overwhelming correlation between those States with few controls on the ownership of guns and low crime rates of all types. In other words, More Guns, Less Crime. Correlation does not imply Causation, but what is interesting is that when State after State has relaxed its gun regulations, namely with regards Concealed Carry, the crime rate has dropped each time.

Most of the gun crime in the USA takes place in States with tight restrictions on gun ownership or Gun Free Zones.

Sandy Hook was both: a state with tight gun controls already in place; and a Gun Free Zone School.

Not so hard by the looks of it...

BBC News - How easy is it to buy a gun in Texas?

This should be taken in context, as it's but 1 person, at 1 show, in 1 state (ie "There are 1.5m Deer in the UK and 50% need culling" headlines), but it does deal with the myth put around that it's anything like as tough as over here...

Nothing wrong with our gun laws I'd say

Cheers
i.
You obviously were not a passionate target pistol shooter before 1996.
Martin

Back