Lovex D073.4 is also known as "Accurate ????"

john444334

Lovex D073.4 is also known as "Accurate ????"

After cross referencing the powder I have ended with 2 different answers with different load data. Could anyone put me right?

Many Thanks

Lovex D073.4 Smokeless Powders - (similar to Accurate 2230) Rifle Propellants
D073.4 One of our most popular rifle propellants. A double base, ball propellant developed for use in the 223 Remington (5.56 NATO). D073.4 Is very popular with modern service rifle shooters.

reloading chart

Last edited:
Good powder, the Americans have been buying it for years but marketed under the Accurate Arms label. If you have a problem or a question contact explosia and you will find that they simply can't do enough to help you far different to the American company which is quite unusual because most U.S. companies are very very good.

I use 2520 in my 308 and its brilliant powder,sends my scenars on the money
T tried it in my .308 and 7.5x55 its my impression that the powder likes a heavy load, I couldn't get the cases to seal with the book loads, lots of soot everywhere, went to N140 then TR140 never had to go for broke with either of those :D a lot of target shooters seem to like the 2520 though (now only sold under the Lovax name)

Lovex powders are imported by Westlander Ltd

Any queries, contact him. He is a nice bloke, who also did me a cracking deal on one of his gun safes.

He attends some of the shooting shows/gamefairs.

I've used Lovex D073.6 in my 30-06 with 175grain Sierra Matchkings as it was supposed to be "similar to Accurate 2520" that worked quite well. Having found some loads that seemed to group fairly well I took them for a test over the chorograph and the extreme spread was greater than 100fps which seemed pretty crap considering that I could get 30 or better from RamShot BigGame with the same bullet. I tried a variety of primers to no avail. I'm not convinced it's the same stuff as Accurate and the words "similar to" make me twitch.

I've used Lovex D073.6 in my 30-06 with 175grain Sierra Matchkings as it was supposed to be "similar to Accurate 2520" that worked quite well. Having found some loads that seemed to group fairly well I took them for a test over the chorograph and the extreme spread was greater than 100fps which seemed pretty crap considering that I could get 30 or better from RamShot BigGame with the same bullet. I tried a variety of primers to no avail. I'm not convinced it's the same stuff as Accurate and the words "similar to" make me twitch.
I don't know the ins and outs of it, I tried both brand names and got the same sooty cases from both unless I loaded at the upper end of the book loads?

I don't know the ins and outs of it, I tried both brand names and got the same sooty cases from both unless I loaded at the upper end of the book loads?
I tried the whole tub...up and down like a fiddler's elbow. Standard primers, magnum primers...CCI, Remington and Federal. All awful!!!
Yes, lots of carbon but that was kind of expected from a ball propellant. I was hoping it to be as good as the AA2520 I used about six or seven years ago but the grains looked different and the performance much worse.
I did find that my next test powder (Ramshot Big Game) worked a treat and was about the same price. So, once my stock of N150 is gone that'll become the next standard load for my 30-06.

Back