Stalking Directory / H4H Shoot 2013

8x57

Distinguished Member
Just a little bit of advanced notice that Monmouth & District Rifle club have agreed to once again host the H4H/Stalking directory charity shoot this year and that at the moment we are planning on arranging it for sometime around the end of June.
I have already had a most generous offer from Sinbad off this site of a day’s roe buck stalking in the Scottish borders to be used as a prize.
If anyone has any suggestions or comments to make on this fun shoot please can they send me a private message.

Alex I'm sorry if this isn't in the right section but I wanted it to be as visible as possible.

Brilliant mike well done on everyone at monmouth for running the shoot this year
I will donate my usual stalking prize to be used as you see fit .

will just add to everyone thinking of attending get your entries in early as this event
was in the balance last year because entries were left till last minute .
mike dosent need the worry of that this year he and his team put in alot of work
to stage this cracking event .
to start off put my entry in now mike and send me entry form please
regards pete

Ruddy hell that was quick Pete, I haven't had time to sort out the exact date yet!

Thanks for making the point about the entries though because it can be a real pain wondering about if it's going to be worth while. Once again a very big thank you for your very generous offer of the stalking prize, every year that we have run this event you have stepped forward and supported it. I know that whoever wins your stalking will have a great day out and excellant company.

mike
not a problem the reason i do it is i like to do my bit for charity and i know what bloody hard
work you beth and the team put into it .
just off to pick up the 222 from the smiths :D never know the new 20 tac might be ready by then too
regards pete .

Mike, I will do my best to make it this year....might have a little side-bet with Roedinator just for the hell of it!

mike just checked england selection dates june 1 and 2nd and june 29 and 30 th
if it clashes i will still do my best to get there
regards pete

Mike, I will do my best to make it this year....might have a little side-bet with Roedinator just for the hell of it!

You had better have a sence of humour then with some of the comedians that we have to put up with. :lol:

Depending on the final dates I am up for that.

If there are enough takers from myself and Roedinators neck of the woods I can probably use the wifes People Carrier and offer to be the bus from here.

Guys I'm in a state of shock at the moment as I've just opened a private message offering an extremely good prize for this year's event. I will have to think how to use this to best advantage for the charity. Frankly it's caused me to have to redouble my efforts this year. I will let you all know more about it after I've given it some more thought. All I will say for now is a very big thank you David from good old BASC for the donation of the Browning X-bolt.

Yes that's right a Browning X-bolt http://www.gunmart.net/gun_review/browning_x-bolt_hunter/
and we are looking at the winner choosing the calibre.

Last edited:
Wow, that's fantastic news! Well done to all the contributors and especially Mike and David! :cool:

Are SD staff eligible? :lol:

Alex

That is a very generous offer...... hats of to BASC.

I'm sure that'll help with getting entries in!

wow thats a donation and a half - kudos to BASC.
The competition looks fun too - a ST article comes up on a search and the range also looks interesting though i've struggled to find further info.
A wind free alternative to severn side would be of interest if anyone could pass on details of the club?

If i'm in country i'll certainly attend though the rifle is safe :rofl:

and the range also looks interesting though i've struggled to find further info.
A wind free alternative to severn side would be of interest if anyone could pass on details of the club?
There's a new website somewhere in development for the club at Monmouth (THS84 ... where are you ?) but ask away. Probably best by PM though so as not to take this off-topic. I'm happy to answer, as I'm sure Mike (8x57) would be.

Btw, we don't have wind in the tunnel, but we do get fog. And not just BP fog, real fog :D

Paddy of Dane & Co Rifle makers has just contacted me and said that the rifle is no good without a moderator, so he's donating a moderator. What an offer, this is simply tremendous i can't believe it. Thanks I can't thank you all enough. The only problem is that you aren't giving me enough time to formulate a plan.

Back