scent elimination products

viney

Anyone used or have experence with scent elimination products seems a good idea in principle but have been unable to find any available in the uk with any info on its effectivness.:confused:

I get scent blockers from America i also use scent covers pine seems to be a good one or cedar..i will try and get you a link..ebay had blockers at one time ,,check probass or cabelos ..
Unsure but if they really work

photo.JPG
I have loads off this stuff if you cant get any i will send you a bottle off blocker to try then you can let me no if it works

Last edited:
I guess if you were putting up a trail camera or similar then some of these products might help to hide human scent on it, whatever good that might do. However if you are talking about the scent blocking clothing or other products to hide your scent as you stalk then I think the critical flaw is that every time you breath out you are blowing out human scent and so unless you stop breathing they must be of limited effectiveness.

I`ve shot a lot of deer,I`ve photographed a lot of deer too, many of them up close and personal...head into the wind nice and slow and you wont even think of scent blockers. In fact all they do is mix your scent with theirs...guess which one the game reacts to?

Waste of money as the human scent over rides all else,just another lure in the tackle shop imo.

Hang on a min, in rutting season perhaps you might encourage a rutting stag in if you empty the contents of a hinds bladder over your head :D far better option ha ha!

I`ve shot a lot of deer,I`ve photographed a lot of deer too, many of them up close and personal...head into the wind nice and slow and you wont even think of scent blockers. In fact all they do is mix your scent with theirs...guess which one the game reacts to?

Waste of money as the human scent over rides all else,just another lure in the tackle shop imo.

Hang on a min, in rutting season perhaps you might encourage a rutting stag in if you empty the contents of a hinds bladder over your head :D far better option ha ha!

yes you can buy that aswel it's called Buck Bomb.

Many thanks for the help and the offer if you have a bottle going spare I will gladly pay for it and give it a try . have you had any success with the stuff??:lol:

Here is a promo video for outfox clothing.

If you ask me it is a waste of time, according to their diagram at the start wind has zero effect on sent. You also cant tell the wind direction in the video so it is a totally pointless test.

I was just as close to 3 Roe deer yesterday in my old stinky clothing.

Scent control

I work with many hunters from the US who use scent blocker/killer systems as a matter of course. All are bowhunters and want to be within 30yds for a clean kill. Without these products, that would be exteremly difficult. The clothing seems less favoured than the sprays.
However, for UK stalking (with a rifle at 60+yds) I'm not sure what the value is as long as you can keep the wind on your face.
The Archery Company are based in Beds, and have the Primos line of scent control products.

ATB

Rob

I work with many hunters from the US who use scent blocker/killer systems as a matter of course. All are bowhunters and want to be within 30yds for a clean kill. Without these products, that would be exteremly difficult. The clothing seems less favoured than the sprays.
However, for UK stalking (with a rifle at 60+yds) I'm not sure what the value is as long as you can keep the wind on your face.
The Archery Company are based in Beds, and have the Primos line of scent control products.

ATB

Rob

Rob

Correct me if I am wrong here.

If the wind is in your face the deer is not going to smell you no matter if you are 100 yards or 30 yards as the wind is carrying your smell away from the deer.

​I am afraid the americans are just suckers for a advertising campaign. Bushcraft is what matters not spraying yourself with a product.

Last edited:
On a sunday like today in the areas i stalk there are walkers everywhere like ants.I am sure the deer in most poulated ares are used to human scent and ignore it if they do smell it.Cant honestly say i have had a deer wind me.Probably a different story out in the highlands and other remote places but staying downwind works there

ATB

Rob

i can recommend the archery company , very good guys to deal with (i recently got back into archery after a 20 year break and they've been extremely helpful)

eggy,

Depends on how you hunt: If you are on a treestand or in a ground-blind, you cant choose from which direction the quarry will approach!

Rob

Correct me if I am wrong here.

If the wind is in your face the deer is not going to smell you no matter if you are 100 yards or 30 yards as the wind is carrying your smell away from the deer.

​I am afraid the americans are just suckers for a advertising campaign. Bushcraft is what matters not spraying yourself with a product.
Spot on, i know several Americans who have tried this stuff and the associated clothing and they all agree its nonsense.
The wind direction can cause us lots of problems when hunting hilly terrain, one minute in our face and the next up our backside.
I still think the best scent lock is unwashed stalking clothing with essence of red deer, especially when it gets wet!
Cheers
Richard

Back