Thread: 170 grom

170 grom

With the recent demand for bullets im struggling to get my usual nossler 180 accubonds they are now a back order job from Cliff's and it looks the same for barnes so im looking for different options;
    Although the accubonds are more than accurate there not ideal driven over 3000fps and are harsh to smaller deer at normal stalking ranges so i was looking for something that would hold up at the above speeds and come across these not far from me they look like a compromise between a soft point and a barnes ?
    There cheap as chips just wondered what they are like on deer and would they hold up to higher magnum velocitys, anyone using them ?

I've never actually used them as I haven't come across them in a shop in the calibres that I want but the Grom bullet is highly regarded by many that have written about it. I believe they are very popular in Europe for boar.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I used them in factory Privvi ammo. Seem pretty good if your rifle shoots them. They are well thought of in Germany for pigs.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......