Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimzonic Moderator - any views?

Had a good look over these Aimzonic moderators today at the fair . . light as a feather, i'm impressed, so much so I may buy one for my new .222

Just thought I would clarify some of the points mentioned in this thread. The warranty aimSport, Sweden give with all aimZonic moderators, Compact, Plus and Cyclone models, is five years, no questions asked. By that they mean what they say and the number of rounds fired or how the moderator is used does not affect the warranty. The internal regulator assembly is aluminium and is not protected by a "Blast plate". If there is an issue with the aluminium regulator, and we expect that there will be in some instances, the regulator will be replaced free of charge. This repair will be done here, in the UK, and turn around will be 24 hours. The manufacturer is providing us with replacement regulator assemblies and we have the necessary tooling to remove and replace the regulator. As anyone who knows me will already realise, the ability to do this work here, in house, was a very important point and happily aimSport Sweden agree that this gives better customer service. I should also make clear that neither the Compact nor Plus models are suitable for Magnum cartridges and there is no warranty if the moderator is used with same. The new Cyclone extension is suitable for Magnum calibres and carries the same warranty. All standard threads, Metric and Imperial, are available off the shelf. For some of the lesser used threads we have blank thread nuts and can deliver in about a week at no extra cost. The stainless steel thread nuts are interchangeable and easy for the customer to swap so it is possible to use one moderator on multiple rifles, just remember to choose the one for the largest calibre it will be used on. Yes, there will be a slight drop off in performance if you use a .30 cal moderator on a .243 but it is not really significant. Lastly, we are happy to supply any RFD and do not have authorised stockists only. If you want an aimZonic just ask your gun shop to order one in for you.

Alan

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    It would whole heartedly depend on what you're intending fitting it on.

I was shown one recently which looked very good, was very light. However on testing against a good old T8, on a .270, there was no comparison.
    Be aware that each and everyone has a serial number, so I suspect the control will be tighter unlike every other moderator out there.

I'm going for one of the others you mentioned, proven quality with performance and a better price.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Rhone View Post
    Just thought I would clarify some of the points mentioned in this thread. The warranty aimSport, Sweden give with all aimZonic moderators, Compact, Plus and Cyclone models, is five years, no questions asked. By that they mean what they say and the number of rounds fired or how the moderator is used does not affect the warranty. The internal regulator assembly is aluminium and is not protected by a "Blast plate". If there is an issue with the aluminium regulator, and we expect that there will be in some instances, the regulator will be replaced free of charge. This repair will be done here, in the UK, and turn around will be 24 hours. The manufacturer is providing us with replacement regulator assemblies and we have the necessary tooling to remove and replace the regulator. As anyone who knows me will already realise, the ability to do this work here, in house, was a very important point and happily aimSport Sweden agree that this gives better customer service. I should also make clear that neither the Compact nor Plus models are suitable for Magnum cartridges and there is no warranty if the moderator is used with same. The new Cyclone extension is suitable for Magnum calibres and carries the same warranty. All standard threads, Metric and Imperial, are available off the shelf. For some of the lesser used threads we have blank thread nuts and can deliver in about a week at no extra cost. The stainless steel thread nuts are interchangeable and easy for the customer to swap so it is possible to use one moderator on multiple rifles, just remember to choose the one for the largest calibre it will be used on. Yes, there will be a slight drop off in performance if you use a .30 cal moderator on a .243 but it is not really significant. Lastly, we are happy to supply any RFD and do not have authorised stockists only. If you want an aimZonic just ask your gun shop to order one in for you.

Alan
    Thanks for the input Alan, as the originator of this thread I think it only decent and fair that you provide me with a compact in 5.7mm for testing on my .17Rem and .22 c/f rifles. I will of course be more than happy to give a full and honest report of my findings on this very forum and if its as good as I hope it is, you will doubtless sell a shed-load of these and therefore be delighted to let me keep the test moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodder View Post
    Thanks for the input Alan, as the originator of this thread I think it only decent and fair that you provide me with a compact in 5.7mm for testing on my .17Rem and .22 c/f rifles. I will of course be more than happy to give a full and honest report of my findings on this very forum and if its as good as I hope it is, you will doubtless sell a shed-load of these and therefore be delighted to let me keep the test moderator!
    An interesting concept and nice try

​Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Rhone View Post
    An interesting concept and nice try

​Alan
    So I take that as a no then!

I've used wildcats and spartans previously. I would say the aimzonic plus is as quiet as the wildcat and much lighter than both. The only downside is that the mod 'shows' slightly in the bottom of the sight picture on low mag. This may be an issue if lamping.

Overall delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by jungaljohn View Post
    I've used wildcats and spartans previously. I would say the aimzonic plus is as quiet as the wildcat and much lighter than both. The only downside is that the mod 'shows' slightly in the bottom of the sight picture on low mag. This may be an issue if lamping.

Overall delighted.
    The mod showing in the scope view is only to do with the diameter, as the Aim Zonic is fairly small then the others you mention would also show
    with the scope set on the same zoom setting, something else must have been changed if it is the only one that shows ?

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    The mod showing in the scope view is only to do with the diameter, as the Aim Zonic is fairly small then the others you mention would also show with the scope set on the same zoom setting, something else must have been changed if it is the only one that shows ? Neil.
    ​The aimzonic is definetly about half inch fatter than the Spartan, maybe I just never noticed before? As said very happy with mine.

Started this thread a while ago - anyone splashed the cash on one of these and got any opinions on these yet?