Aimzonic Moderator - any views?

Dodder

Gents,

I am toying with the idea of a new moderator and have just read the review of the above in Shooting Sports magazine which would look to be quite a nice piece of kit. Anyone on here had a chance to try one out yet?

I was wanting to go as light as possible so as not to affect the balance of my rifles whilst also being as small as possible with decent sound moderation (yes I know the Holy Grail!) and had been considering either a CCM4 or Roedale or maybe the Hardy. Some recent threads have rather put me off the first two but this new one looks like it could be just what I'm after...

yep, I bought a plus from the BSS. Chuffed to bits with it; on a .243 it's quieter than a mate's .223 with an Utra. doesn't upset the balance of my little BSA .243. Really am very pleased with it.

James

Sounds encouraging - I am in the process of freeing up a slot for a new mod and think I will give one of the compact ones a go in 5.7 for my .17 Rem and .22 c/f's - anyone else got any opinions or experience please?

Any Idea on cost? Also I couldn't work out if the inners were stainless or ali? - Quite similar to the ASE SL5 in terms of weight & size I think.

I read that review with interest. The chap usually speaks as he finds, and he had nothing bad to say.

The internal arrangement is quite different from most other me-to designs. Interesting. Maybe a touch of the unique Lapwood Husher.

aimSport aimZonic

Can't work out how the baffles are put together, or what they are made of, from the drawing on their website, but they must be aluminium from the weight. Unless there are some e.g. steel blast discs they must inevitably be subject to some gas cutting.

The threaded part is SS and can be interchanged for different rifle threads, similar to Ase Utra.

Definitely interesting.

had been considering either a CCM4 or Roedale or maybe the Hardy. Some recent threads have rather put me off the first two

Of those three the CMM4 Alu would be my preference by far.

Its a straightforward design which can either be easily stripped for maintenance, or treated as a disposable item.

When it does wear, replacement baffle sections are only £16

See A-TEC CMM Alloy Moderator - Life Expectancy - Suppressors / Moderators, Bipods, Anything else - UK Varminting

And Maintenance explains how to get the best life, i.e. don't let it get too hot.

Or you could rotate them every time its cleaned, to even out the wear.

Also take a look at the Sonic 35. Baby brother of the Sonic 45. Looks like a good design, uses steel blast discs, maintainable and inexpensive too, particularly so unproofed.

Sound moderators - kirklees guns

The Hardy mod. is not rebuildable with cheap replacement parts, and there are varying reports of its moderation properties. I am also sceptical of claims about the "internal muzzle brake".

Gents,

I am toying with the idea of a new moderator and have just read the review of the above in Shooting Sports magazine which would look to be quite a nice piece of kit. Anyone on here had a chance to try one out yet?

I was wanting to go as light as possible so as not to affect the balance of my rifles whilst also being as small as possible with decent sound moderation (yes I know the Holy Grail!) and had been considering either a CCM4 or Roedale or maybe the Hardy. Some recent threads have rather put me off the first two but this new one looks like it could be just what I'm after...

Paddy at Dane and Co will have one of these to test soon and he's only up the road from you in Tunbridge Wells.

I'd go and have a look at one

Paddy at Dane and Co will have one of these to test soon and he's only up the road from you in Tunbridge Wells.

I'd go and have a look at one

Excellent! Paddy now does all my smithing and is a top bloke - I'll give him a shout - thanks!

Had a good look over these Aimzonic moderators today at the fair . . light as a feather, i'm impressed, so much so I may buy one for my new .222

Just thought I would clarify some of the points mentioned in this thread. The warranty aimSport, Sweden give with all aimZonic moderators, Compact, Plus and Cyclone models, is five years, no questions asked. By that they mean what they say and the number of rounds fired or how the moderator is used does not affect the warranty. The internal regulator assembly is aluminium and is not protected by a "Blast plate". If there is an issue with the aluminium regulator, and we expect that there will be in some instances, the regulator will be replaced free of charge. This repair will be done here, in the UK, and turn around will be 24 hours. The manufacturer is providing us with replacement regulator assemblies and we have the necessary tooling to remove and replace the regulator. As anyone who knows me will already realise, the ability to do this work here, in house, was a very important point and happily aimSport Sweden agree that this gives better customer service. I should also make clear that neither the Compact nor Plus models are suitable for Magnum cartridges and there is no warranty if the moderator is used with same. The new Cyclone extension is suitable for Magnum calibres and carries the same warranty. All standard threads, Metric and Imperial, are available off the shelf. For some of the lesser used threads we have blank thread nuts and can deliver in about a week at no extra cost. The stainless steel thread nuts are interchangeable and easy for the customer to swap so it is possible to use one moderator on multiple rifles, just remember to choose the one for the largest calibre it will be used on. Yes, there will be a slight drop off in performance if you use a .30 cal moderator on a .243 but it is not really significant. Lastly, we are happy to supply any RFD and do not have authorised stockists only. If you want an aimZonic just ask your gun shop to order one in for you.

Alan

It would whole heartedly depend on what you're intending fitting it on.

I was shown one recently which looked very good, was very light. However on testing against a good old T8, on a .270, there was no comparison.
Be aware that each and everyone has a serial number, so I suspect the control will be tighter unlike every other moderator out there.

I'm going for one of the others you mentioned, proven quality with performance and a better price.

TJ

Just thought I would clarify some of the points mentioned in this thread. The warranty aimSport, Sweden give with all aimZonic moderators, Compact, Plus and Cyclone models, is five years, no questions asked. By that they mean what they say and the number of rounds fired or how the moderator is used does not affect the warranty. The internal regulator assembly is aluminium and is not protected by a "Blast plate". If there is an issue with the aluminium regulator, and we expect that there will be in some instances, the regulator will be replaced free of charge. This repair will be done here, in the UK, and turn around will be 24 hours. The manufacturer is providing us with replacement regulator assemblies and we have the necessary tooling to remove and replace the regulator. As anyone who knows me will already realise, the ability to do this work here, in house, was a very important point and happily aimSport Sweden agree that this gives better customer service. I should also make clear that neither the Compact nor Plus models are suitable for Magnum cartridges and there is no warranty if the moderator is used with same. The new Cyclone extension is suitable for Magnum calibres and carries the same warranty. All standard threads, Metric and Imperial, are available off the shelf. For some of the lesser used threads we have blank thread nuts and can deliver in about a week at no extra cost. The stainless steel thread nuts are interchangeable and easy for the customer to swap so it is possible to use one moderator on multiple rifles, just remember to choose the one for the largest calibre it will be used on. Yes, there will be a slight drop off in performance if you use a .30 cal moderator on a .243 but it is not really significant. Lastly, we are happy to supply any RFD and do not have authorised stockists only. If you want an aimZonic just ask your gun shop to order one in for you.

Alan

Thanks for the input Alan, as the originator of this thread I think it only decent and fair that you provide me with a compact in 5.7mm for testing on my .17Rem and .22 c/f rifles. :) I will of course be more than happy to give a full and honest report of my findings on this very forum and if its as good as I hope it is, you will doubtless sell a shed-load of these and therefore be delighted to let me keep the test moderator!

Thanks for the input Alan, as the originator of this thread I think it only decent and fair that you provide me with a compact in 5.7mm for testing on my .17Rem and .22 c/f rifles. :) I will of course be more than happy to give a full and honest report of my findings on this very forum and if its as good as I hope it is, you will doubtless sell a shed-load of these and therefore be delighted to let me keep the test moderator!

An interesting concept and nice try :D

​Alan

I've used wildcats and spartans previously. I would say the aimzonic plus is as quiet as the wildcat and much lighter than both. The only downside is that the mod 'shows' slightly in the bottom of the sight picture on low mag. This may be an issue if lamping.

Overall delighted.

I've used wildcats and spartans previously. I would say the aimzonic plus is as quiet as the wildcat and much lighter than both. The only downside is that the mod 'shows' slightly in the bottom of the sight picture on low mag. This may be an issue if lamping.

Overall delighted.

The mod showing in the scope view is only to do with the diameter, as the Aim Zonic is fairly small then the others you mention would also show
with the scope set on the same zoom setting, something else must have been changed if it is the only one that shows ?

Neil. :)

The mod showing in the scope view is only to do with the diameter, as the Aim Zonic is fairly small then the others you mention would also show with the scope set on the same zoom setting, something else must have been changed if it is the only one that shows ? Neil. :)

​The aimzonic is definetly about half inch fatter than the Spartan, maybe I just never noticed before? As said very happy with mine.

Started this thread a while ago - anyone splashed the cash on one of these and got any opinions on these yet?

Back