Mountain Men last night

david1976

Did anyone watch mountain men on sky last night?

The old boy went away to a market and left his wife with a shotgun in case a bear returned to their house in his absence.

Only thing was it was a .410 She missed a static can with her first shot so I wouldnt fancy her chances of hitting a charging bear between the eyes!

I've been watching that series but I have been becoming more and more sceptical as it's gone on. They don't half like to ham it up a bit for drama's sake don't they! :lol:

The guy with the plane is pretty hardcore though... flying off into the wilderness alone with no sort of back-up (one has to assume he usually doesn't have a film crew!). He comes across as being pretty clumsy and accident prone too. If it was me I would treat all the equipment with kid gloves but he doesn't seem to care!

I think it was Eustace (the guy with the silly pigtails) who kicked a guy out for failing to zero his rifle properly - the thing is the rifle the guy zeroed was totally different from the one Eustace then missed a deer with... as CSL says it's all about the drama.

The plane guy keeps "nearly dying" - thing is there's a camera crew with him half the time so I can't see them not just giving him a lift back :D it's like Bear Grills - "this is a remote impenetrable forest... that I've managed to get a camera man and sound man into"!!!

I also have watched the series but by the end of it I was completely put off by the constant repeating of what you just watched 3 minutes earlier and making a drama out of every little thing. Also how come the camera man was able to catch the snowmobile accidents if they weren't already planned. In addition when the plane guy had to walk 10 miles back to the cabin what transport was the camera man using to film him on his way back!

A pity as it had all the hallmarks of the good series.

Mulac

Have to agree with you all, it looked good to begin with but in the end was a bit of a damp squib, I prefer Yukon Men.

The old boy went away to a market and left his wife with a shotgun in case a bear returned to their house in his absence.
When my mate in Montana left his wife at home and joined me for a hunt he left her a pump action shotgun, not for bears but for any human intruders!
Cheers
Richard

what about Marty's 350yard !! shot that killed the sheep,off his elbows no bipod!!poetic licence perhaps.

LIke any U.S. TV,movie, news etc the secret is don't think too much, it works fine for 250 million Americans

i liked the way marty and his family rolled them elk about in the mud when they were skining them and chopping them up lol well i suppose he at least got them out there and involved ..his wee lassy was doing better than some iv been out with..:doh:

Yukon Men is much better.
Tusker

Also to the Yukon Men. Was very suprised at the episode the other day when one of the guys went missing and the state tropper turned up in his own light aeroplane, such is the size of the area.

I was expecting the usual drama over nowt as with these programmes but was rather shocked the guy had indeed went through the ice and they recovered his body. One of the regulars then went out and shot a moose for the wake. Straight off with the head to get a start on the traditional "moose head soup"

This will no doubt turn into a fake soap opera type as all these american fly on the wall programmes do. Look at the tattoo ones, chopper building, even the gunsmith ones. All started off really good and get turned into fake dramas.

I know I need to get out more!!

I keep wondering when that Bear is going to finally eat that dog(elle).

Yes, that bloody dog!

Same story over and over again...

- Tom spots bear prints
- Tom and dozy neighbour and Ellie the dog go randomly walking off into the forest
- Ellie runs off
- Sinister music, images of grizzly bear rearing up
- "Ellie, Ellie, Ellie!"
- *Worried silence*
- Ellie comes lolloping back
- Phew thank goodness
- Oh wait... is that wolf prints

and back to the beginning again! :D

The Chap Stan who shot the moose is on pigeon watch and has posted a lot of details about the show and what you see he says they have no control over what is shown they follow them about with all the fancy gear as they go about there lives

Yes, that bloody dog!

Same story over and over again...

- Tom spots bear prints
- Tom and dozy neighbour and Ellie the dog go randomly walking off into the forest
- Ellie runs off
- Sinister music, images of grizzly bear rearing up
- "Ellie, Ellie, Ellie!"
- *Worried silence*
- Ellie comes lolloping back
- Phew thank goodness
- Oh wait... is that wolf prints

and back to the beginning again! :D

:lol: have to admit Alex you are not far off the truth there.That dog is as much good as a fart in a space suit. BUT it does find cast antlers :D Just waiting for a Grizzly to make a snack of it!!

sadly all of the programes are getting like this now it seems to be that they start off fine for the 1st one or two episodes then the production team must realise that it isnt exciting enough and get the people to act along to create a better tv show

Back