Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 222 rifle

222 rifle

How good is Remington bdl 222 .

I wasn't impressed with the one I shot down the range for the day, crap trigger, not a very smooth action i think you can get better for your money IMO ......

I bought one couple of months back put a timney trigger in it just had it screw cut and modded
    went out yesterday with some home loads getting just under 1/2 inch groups at a hundred
    pleased with it regards pete

I have a Remington 722 (the predecessor of the 700) that my maternal grandfather bought new in 1958 . This past summer I shot some 50 grain Hornady SX with BL-C2 loads I loaded for him about 15 years ago . I had lightened the trigger to about 12 ounces and mounted a nice old Redfield 6-18 of 1970's vintage . Anyway I shot a 3 shot group at 100 yards that was a 1/4" .

I have had a couple older Remington 700BDL Varmint Specials that were made in the late 70's .One of them shot a three shot group last summer at 100 yards that was .075 " after you deducted the diameter of the bullet . I've never owned one of these BDL Varmint Special rifles that didn't shoot after some load work and of course a decent glass and trigger .
    GO Manny Pacquiao !!!
    Doubles , 6.5mm' s , 444 Marlin's , cast bullets , Sika Deer and the Philippines

I gave one away a couple of years back... and I don't give away bad rifles.~Muir

I used a BDL delux years back, the only thing i could'nt get to grips with was the high gloss finish,
    a great wee round which I'm sure many will agree.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

You Brits may or may not be aware of this but "The Premier" benchrest setup for years before the PPC's came out , was a Remington 722/700/40X action with a big fat stainless barrel in 222 REM .
    GO Manny Pacquiao !!!
    Doubles , 6.5mm' s , 444 Marlin's , cast bullets , Sika Deer and the Philippines

cracking calibre, inherently accurate.

rifle builder/manufacturer is important in many ways. and all i will say on that front is,................i have never owned a Remington rifle and never will.

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

The 222 REM is probably THE biggest reason I was never a 223/5.56 person .

I grew up on the 222 REM and therefore never had much use for the 223 . Although I have owned several that shot wonderfully the 223 never grew on me the way the Triple Deuce has !
    GO Manny Pacquiao !!!

.222 is brilliant, but everyone I have ever come across who owns a Remington rifle, has had to modify it,, usually a lot. I mean, why would you buy a rifle and put up with having to change everything but the action and barrel to get a decent gun !??

My Tikka M595 is standard, and one of the nicest I`ve ever shot.