Powder transfer by post?

Triggermortis

I have a few spare tubs of powder, if sold can they legally be posted or will it need to be a face to face transfer?

Tikkat3

Sorry Tikka but it's not legal to post it by normal post it has to by approved carrier as it's considered a hazardous material. The easiest is face to face.

I received powder through the mail from a well known company about 7 or 8 years ago. It was labeled up with the relevant diamond warning stickers. I was also wondering whether there have been any changes in the rules.

The Royal Mail website will give you a list of materials that cannot be posted, explosive or flammable materials were on the list the last time I looked but it will probably worth checking for yourself.

They just tightened up on this again. New rules were sent out last month from Parcel Farce, and will probably be on their website.

Best option is TNT, (ironic name) but minimum hazardous goods courier delivery will cost you about £30-00

And they don't like shipping batteries be it LiIon or NiMH (unless they're brand new in the original packing)...flipping farce frankly.

Back