.375 HH Load

gary

Has any one loaded a 375 for uk deer and boar. I am looking at loading a round so any information would be welcome.

Thanks Gary

Hi Gary,
I have a low velocity load I have used on Deer in the UK, and on plains game in Africa. It works wonderfully well, without a lot of recoil, and I have run it through Quickload to check it. 260 gn Nosler Partition, 76gn Rel 19, gives 2486 fps. and muzzle energy of 3567ft.lbs. Pressure is given as 40150 psi against a Max of 62366 psi, so it is quite gentle.
John.

Ask CWD for a recomendation, he needs a big gun and bullet to make good his poor shooting now his eyes are past it.

Any plain Jane 270 factory projectile will work. Problems will only start if you go to the high performance projectiles for these species as they will be too hard.

The 235 grn woodliegh is a good projectile for animals this size. I moves along, but is still pretty hard. Speer also do a 235 grn, but its a lot softer. These light pills are also mild to shoot if thats a concern.

I did like the 260 grn balistic tips for bombing up pigs with the 375 just for fun. They shot well & opened fast (I don't eat wild pigs so damage wasn't an issue) but these have been discontinued.

Cheers Sharkey

Few years back Nosler made a 260 grain Ballistic Tip for the 375 and I worked up a load for mine using that bullet . I loaded the bullet in Remington brass with 74 grains of RL-15 and a Fedral 215 primer .

Killed several whitetails with it dead right there at the pull of the trigger .

Used this load first in an Interarms Mark X Whitworth and then later in my Ruger #1H .

Incidently when I found out the quit making the bullet I had a dealer friend order me 300 of them so I have enough to last the rest of my life . Also in my two rifles the Nosler 260 Partition and the Nosler 260 AccuBond did very nicely in my Ruger with the same powder charge .

Incidently when I found out the quit making the bullet I had a dealer friend order me 300 of them so I have enough to last the rest of my life . Also in my two rifles the Nosler 260 Partition and the Nosler 260 AccuBond did very nicely in my Ruger with the same powder charge .

LOL. I did exactly the same, & would have similar stashed away. Though I'm reluctant to use them now? I also did the same with failsafes when they discontinued them too & have several hundred in each cal From 270 to 375. They were the best projectile for lifting performance on larger animals & in particular made the 270 wby usefull at shorter distances as they were the only projectile that would really hold together at speed. I don't go to many gun shows but when I do I always buy any failsafes, (& would also the 375 balistic tips) but haven't seen many around for almost a decade now.

Cheers Sharkey

Hi

I use H4895 with cci magnum primers

300g Sierra - 61 grains powder
270g Hornady - 63 grains powder
250g Sierra - 65 grains powder
225g Hornady - 65 grains powder
200g sierra - 73 grains powder

All group much the same regardless of bullet weight and if i wanted to keep things simple 65 grains of powder with any bullet weight grouped just as well !
That was my findings but you should use a loading book and work your own out starting with min up to max loads every rifle likes a different load so follow a good reloading book !
I have loads from 300 - 200 loaded and point of impact is the same grouping clover leaf at one hundred yards no need to alter zero !

Thank you for all the info 375 mag
Out of all the heads you load which one would give you the best results on deer (less meat damage etc).

Gary

Thank you for all the info 375 mag
Out of all the heads you load which one would give you the best results on deer (less meat damage etc).

Gary

I had no damamge with the Nosler 260 BT , but then when I shot a nice 6 point whitetail with my 416 REM MAG using the Speer 350 grainer I had no meat damage either .

Hello Gary

You'll find you get very little meat damage using the 375 with any of those bullets but the one im using at the moment is the 200g Sierra it kicks less and its great on deer!

Make sure you follow a reloading book and start with min and work up !

Last edited:
Any of the above, the bullet just won't come apart like high speed stuff but really leaves behind a lot of energy...

250gr Sierra gamekings are great, like them a lot but not easy to get hold of but cliffs may still be able to get

Back