Rabbits

Grand Slam

Just waiting on my FAC to drop through the letter box then off to my RFD to get my .22lr. Obviuosly quite keen to get out and do some bunny bashing on my permission so was having a trawl through the tinternet for a cheap lamping set up that can be mounted ont orifle etc. Any opinions are most welcome

​Adam

Most commercial lamping kits are a rip off in my mind.The distance you need for rabbits just get a cree led torch off ebay and a mount,no need for lamps and battery packs for that type of shooting.I bought one and can shoot foxes out to 200 yds with it on my 223

The higher priced items often come with a dimmer which in my opinion has doubled my bags

I use a deben Tristar and a 20 quid ebay lithium battery for rabbits and foxes. £70 all in

Adam got a Ruger 22 rimfire for sale ,all ready to go with moderator sling and scope ,let me know if you are interested synthetic stock 10 22 ruger

Mark,
Cheers for the offer pal but im sorted on the rifle side of it. Got a good deal from a fellow SD member and it is in the Shop just waiting for me to get my FAC so i can collect.

Many thanks anyway for the offer. You aint selling a .270 by any chance?lol

Haven`t shot a rabbit with the .22 since my lurcher turned 10 months old !:D

I use a lightforce 170, and a mate to be lampman when oot with the rifle, I also have a deben trithingywhatsit led

Recommend the Clulite Masterlight Supreme, pricey but a very good bit of kit. Easy to swap on guns and a good kit.

Also use a handheld lightforce 170 for longer range spotting or when I have a lampman from the car.

theres a sd member selling a deban tracer max for 56 posted, looks in good condition, was tempted myself but i already have one, its ideal on a .22 rim
good price to
atb
simon

Always been plenty poachers in and around Tranent, I fear.

yup,, there sure has. But not many rabbit poachers ! hahaha.

Not many deer get a hard time round that way, although I have had some nasty feedback about a certain poulation recently. Not sure if it`s fact or not.

the rest of East lothian will always have poaching issues while the deer are not managed,

Seen a cracking Buck at Tranent the other week while out with the dogs,,, he looked a beaut.

Back