Recomend me a bore cleaner ?

If you want to shift copper I use KG-12 and it's the best I've found. Don't get it on your hands as it's a bit unpleasant. I use rubber gloves if really going for it with a badly fouled bore otherwise just wash it off you fingers.

Nitro fouling...almost anything. I use "Ed's Red" (ATF, Kerosene and White Spirit basically...) but 009 works ok as does Hoppes.

KG 12 certainly removes copper but doesn't do much to carbon, it also etches steel which can leave the bore slightly 'rough' necessitating a few 'smoothing rounds' - wipeout tactical advantage doesn't.

KG 12 certainly removes copper but doesn't do much to carbon, it also etches steel which can leave the bore slightly 'rough' necessitating a few 'smoothing rounds' - wipeout tactical advantage doesn't.

Is this bad then? because it's what i use?

Montana Extreme from Midway. I have used nothing better but it stinks a bit. Their Copper Killer is excellent on heavy Copper fouling but stinks a bit more.

Yorkie.

Not necessarily, it removes copper which is what it's meant to do and that's a good thing it's just how it removes copper that "could" lead to the need for a smoothing round. The bore polish is recommended to smooth out this 'etching' which is just another process. Before I started using wipeout I used KG products but had too much inconsistency, but as they say YMMV. Wipeout is a one stop product, removing powder fouling, carbon and copper without changing the point of impact significantly enough to worry about.

Wipeout - there ought to be some sort of automatic post thingy to register a preference whenever this question comes up yet again :)

Knots

C2R. I left some in my SSG69 barrel for 10 mins. A barrel I'd only just cleaned with Wipeout and was very surprised how much it took out.
​i left it in an old BSA monarch barrel for approx 40 mins and you wouldn't believe how much it scrubbed out. I'm not going to claim any bollox about it turning the rifle into a tack driver, but I had thought the barrel was finished. It's now grouping about 1.5-2 inches at 100 yds (once it settled down - 5 rounds).

Back