Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Bucks

Summer Bucks

I know the warmth of the long summer evenings and roe buck stalking are just a memory now, but here you go...

Once you're on the site, find 'Wild About Deer', by scrolling through the Fieldsports section.

There's quite a bit on this site.

The bit on deer culling is quite good but I dont know what reindeer have to do with it

they must b the 7th species of wild deer he mentions

It's nice to see David Stretton doing his thing, but that was so 'anti' and inaccurate.
    Shame really!

Good channel though.

It always will come out wrong when the media gets hold of it.
    We could always change our wording at bit
    Game=wild animal
    Sport/stalking= hunting

Most people think we hunt for enjoymant in the sense of having a laugh at an animals expense. Which is why they like to show some fat red faced chap half drunk filling his face when representing the hunting community.

Hoh Hum

Spoke to Dave last night. He says thats at least four years old and cant really remember it. However he remembers the shot was downhill in strong wind conditions. Its funny isnt it that you can always remember the shot.

I have done a couple of TV programmes and in both I felt betrayed. They ask you questions that seem odd at the time and you answer as best you can. You later find that they have edited your words and even in the order you said them. I'll never make that mistake again!

Is anyone else aware that we are in the presence of a 'celebrity'?

You seemed like such a likeable down-to-earth guy when I met you Beowulf.

Ohhh he is a celebrity all right. His name is known as far north as Sutherland in Scotland JAYB will testify to that.

Actually I will make it known now, that if I may say so (excuse me Steve if I step over the mark) Steve has the makings of a very good stalker, and is a pleasure to take out. He is eager and quick to learn, polite in company, not a pushy sod like some people, has a quick wit, and is modest at the best of times about his abilities. He is also safe and has a deep concern and love for the deer that he hunts.

Steve was with me and some friends last week, and was again given an opportunity which he did not know was coming his way. He handled it very well, as he was in the company of a man who has moved more deer and shot more deer than i have had hot dinners, and he has been invited back, for free!

I hope Steve will be joining me later this year with clients, providing things work out OK with timing.

Now I have embarassed him

That's all very well Malcolm.

But you wait until he starts wanting a bigger trailer and whinging about the Paparazzi. Has he insisted on his own gun-bearer yet? Hair stylist?

It's just a matter to time....