Listen up all those going on the SD Scotland Trip

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
9 weeks to go before you guys arrive in Scotland to stalk with me and JAYB :D

This is just another heads up on questions you may all have.

Firstly JAYB has Emailed all those not yet paid. Please pay up as I need to pay the estate for the accommodation. Although I own the entire 8000 acre lease and all rights, I do not have any control over the accommodations.

Thank you.

Next, so you know all linen, bedding and towels are provided so you do not need to bring anything on those lines.
All electric, heating and logs for the open fires are included in the rent.

You must bring your own food and cook for yourselves. As JAYB pointed out there are very very few places to buy food, so bring it with you, or pick it up at the 24 hour Tesco's off the A9 at Inverness before you come up.

Please ensure you bring your FA Certificates, proof of Insurance.

Clothes, make sure you have well worn in walking boots that are waterproof and if possible gaiters. Wellies are ok as long as they are good ones, not cheap ones if you cannot afford walking boots.

Bring silent, waterproof and windprrof clothing for stalking.

Bring midge repellant, the little sods might still be about :eek:

Bring sticks with you, most of the time you will be shooting off sticks in the wooded areas.

There is a washing machine and tumble dryer available to wash clothes if needs be.

Make sure you fill up with fuel in your car at Inverness, it is the cheapest place, and the nearest fuel station to where we are is about 37 miles.

The ground lies about one hours drive (56 miles) NW of Inverness. JAYB or myself will give you directions before you come up.

Please make sure that those arriving on the first three days arrive on SUNDAY THE 18TH in the afternoon or evening. Please make sure you are packed and ready to leave on the late afternoon of the WEDNESDAY 21ST as the new lot for the second part of the week arrive that afternoon and they must leave on the evening of SATURDAY 24TH October.

Dogs are not allowed, this time, except mine ;)

Mobile phones do not work in the Glen :rolleyes: but there is a pay phone in one cottage.

There will be 4 CW's present and 1 AW for those wishing to have a deer signed off against their portfolio for Level 2.

The ground is large enough and diverse enough to take 4 groups out without conflicting with each other.

Look forward to seeing you all up there, anymore questions you can PM me. JAYB will be in touch with directions in the near future ;)

Cheers everyone look forward to it.

Sikamalc

Terry,

got your cheque thanks, you can now sleep indoors!!

Don't worry gents if you have sent your cheque thank you very much, I shall only jar you again if I do not receive it.

See you soon

John

looking forward to meeting you all up there.im bringing the entertainment with me.(fester)!!!!! steyr .243

As long as you bring his medication with you Andy he should be alright :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to the laughs, of which I am sure there will be many.

we will all have aching ribs by the end of the week,and thats just from laughing at festers jokes,never mind him dragging my deer back!! :eek: i will give him some stick when i speak to him to get him back on here.cant ring him at the moment im waiting for a battery for my phone its gone so half my numbers are in the phones memory others on the sim.you being one of the one i cant get.i will be on at him by the weekend,i should have picked up a bit more medication last night when i was in the vets with my dogs :lol:

Well Bloody hell i managed to remember my password :eek:
A up Andy i think you had better get yourself fit for scotland as its you gonna be dragging deer off the ground :eek: Mine of course as i will show you again how its done :eek: :D :D :D :D
Looks like we will have some fun up there so hope your all up for a laugh :D
Malcolm
Can you remember to bring my white hat that i left hanging from the cottage ceiling in sussex mate ;) ;)
Fester

not the white hat :lol: good to see you back on here mate,give me a ring over the weekend,not got your numbers at moment.

Hi John
Yeh its waterproof dont worry. Im sure you will see me wearing it at some point over the trip :D I probably wont remember much of it myself after a few tipples but Malcolm is bound to get a pic of me wearing it and post it up on here :eek: :D
Fester

a fester you still havent put all of your photos on here you took when we were in sussex :lol: ,hope you still have them?do you remember? :eek:

O yes i remember Now Andy. Wasnt there a good 1 of Malcolms Truck in with them somewhere ;) ;)
I will have a sort out and post a couple of GOOD 1s up mate :D :D
Fester

i think i remember the one with malcs truck now you mention it mate :lol: good to see your getting back on here,tina must be busy doing all the housework now shes moved in :lol: giving you a bit of time to take your pinny off.

Please Andy!!! thats too much information for this time of the day. Fester in his pinny :eek: :eek:

I hope its the one he usually wears in the larder, you know the Laura Ashley one with the big pink flowers on it ;)

Sikamalc

Gentlemen please remember that there will be long dark nights in the remote and lonely place where all this will be taking place. Also there may well be one or two members attending who may find such conditions "challenging", God help them. Therefore talk of sporran clad knees and outrageous aprons seen wandering through the larder, or anywhere else come to that could present problems.

I would hate it if health and safety read this thread and deemed it necessary to conduct a risk assessment on the aforementioned knee sporrans, so a little more thought please.

Mind you I do think that the waterproof sun hat should accessorise nicely :eek:

John

John
If you think the pinny is bad you wait until they catch a glimps of Andy running about semi naked around the place with his flowing Ginger Locks blowing in the wind :eek: Actually i will have to remind him about tying his hair up while hes in the larder :D :D
Fester :D

Just to make things easier for those going up to scotland here are a couple of pics for everyone so they know who and what to look out for :D
Sikamalcs very very nice pick up :eek:
sussexstalk007.jpg
[/img]
And here is a pic of Andy (tika308) and sleeping peacefully in the chair is Malcolm himself :D
sussexstalk008.jpg
[/img]

Hope this makes its easier to identify them for everyone :D :D :D :D
Fester

i have grown it a bit since then mate :eek: i thought malcs truck was a bit brighter than that but it still looks well :lol: .whats that on the end of my finger??? yes malc i do mean the flowery pinny,the peep hole one :eek: :eek:

wow didn't know Malc was on pimp my ride sharp wheels dude 8)

lets see how sharp it looks when we have filled it with bambis :lol:

After reading the above posts sort of wondering what we have let ourselves in for ... all this talk of pinnies could effect me for life I had a very sheltered upbringing not used to all this goings on :eek:

Back