.17 and.22 with any other lawful quarry on my f.a.c

sharkbait

I've just got my license back and condition 5. The .17,.22 rifles, sound moderators and ammunition shall be used for shooting vermin and ground game and any other lawful quarry and for zeroing on ranges, or land deemed suitable by the chief of police for where the land is situated and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.
question is- does this mean I can now shoot fox with these rifles?
if you say no its got to say fox on the license, being your argument then hasn't it also got to stipulate rabbit, squirrel, crow, rat, and all the other vermin?

I've just got my license back and condition 5. The .17,.22 rifles, sound moderators and ammunition shall be used for shooting vermin and ground game and any other lawful quarry and for zeroing on ranges, or land deemed suitable by the chief of police for where the land is situated and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.
question is- does this mean I can now shoot fox with these rifles?
if you say no its got to say fox on the license, being your argument then hasn't it also got to stipulate rabbit, squirrel, crow, rat, and all the other vermin?
It's legal mate. Fox comes under the 'vermin' heading. Now wether or not you want to, that's up to you, but just be aware that although legal, if it is deemed as inhumane, such as pushing luck on range, and you injure and lose the fox, you could be prosecuted under the animal welfare act, for causing undue suffering.

Regards
​Pete

Absolutely fine, no where could you argue foxes aren't legal quarry so crack on but as mentioned above use within their limits and you will find they work well.

just had fox added to all my rimfire as I control them in an urban environment and need to dispatch from a cage
didnt stop me slotting them with the .17M2, .22lr and .22wmr beforehand though

no-one has ever been prosecuted solely for using a .22lr to kill a fox and "vermin" is not legally defined to include or preclude "fox"

Essex don't allow the 17hmr to be used on foxs
Hello fella I am in one of the London boroughs, which is still classed as being in Essex but am governed by the met, which along with Essex I thought didn't allow .17hmr or .22 for fox, but is clear as day on my ticket and I for one am not going to kick up a stink about it:D

They "essex" dont make the laws as does no other constabulary and do not have the power to say what is and is not humane unless that is of course they have superceeded the Home Office which last time i checked they hadn't. Argue the toss and make them put it on your tickets.

Back