Thread: Essex boy moves to West Sussex

Essex boy moves to West Sussex

Hi all

Getting married in a couple of weeks, and for that reason have just moved to West Sussex.

I have been fishing all my life, and shooting most of it. Mainly shotguns, but have just got my rimfire license through (used a .22 plenty when I was little, pretty sure it was my brothers if i remember!).

I stalk a bit on the West Coast of Scotland where my mum lives. My pal manages the hill behind her, and when i'm up staying he takes me out to shoot a hind or two with the estate .243. He likes the company, but even more likes to have someone to drag the beasts down the hill!

Just finding my feet locally, found a little bit of rabbiting, and as I seem to live in the middle of deer country I am about to sign up for DSC1 assessment and DVD with the BDS (unless anyone has a better idea round these parts.)

Looks like a cousin of mine is buying a small bit of forestry in Essex, and he wants me to shoot it - so I need to try and get sorted with a license and rifle!

Anyway, great to be on here and I look forward to being guided to becoming a rifle owner and user, and hopefully a bit of Sussex stalking.

All the best, and thanks for reading.

Hi WillWelcome to SD and good luck on your journey, and congrats on the marraigeBest regards

Gerrit jv Vuuren PH & Outfitter
    Bos en Dal Safaris- South Africa
    Home - Bos en Dal Safaris

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm looking forward to a lovely wedding day (it's been hectic, lots of ale to brew, fish to smoke, wine to make etc), and once it's over I've been promised it'll be shooting and fishing all the way until kids arrive (who am I kidding??!) Anyway in 2 weeks I can pick up my 22 and get out and about, and get studying for my DSC1, apparently!

If anyone else is around W Sussex and needs someone to help with anything, even if just as a gralloching companion (!) just shout.