Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking Directory / H4H Shoot and Prize Draw 2013.

Stalking Directory / H4H Shoot and Prize Draw 2013.

Stalking Directory / H4H Shoot and Prize Draw 2013.

The date of this year's Stalking Directory/ H4H charity shoot at Monmouth in aid of Help for Heroes will be held on Sunday 7th July 2013. The location will be the same as the last three years which is the tunnel range at Monmouth and the format will remain similar with classes for rimfire, small deer/vermin rifle, and large deer rifle. If you are interested in attending please send me a private message with your name and an email address that I can email the details to you. There is simply too much information to send by the private message system so I need an email address. Iíll repeat that I need an email address, (every year someone asks me to send them the details via the pm system).

Prize Draw.
    Each year we have held a prize draw which is drawn at the shoot and this year will be no exception. Previous prizes have been very good mainly due to the extreme generosity of those members of the SD site who donated, but this year we can call it a grand prize draw because the prizes offered are truly exceptional. With the first prize being a Browning X-Bolt rifle in the winnerís choice of calibre complete with a suitable moderator and neoprene sling.
    I will be supplying details of how you can purchase tickets for this draw shortly.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Excellent Mike, date is in the diary!

I've taken the liberty of whipping up a quick poster which will be on display at the Stalkers Fair for a bit of added publicity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SD Help for Heroes 2013.pdf 
Views:	57 
Size:	433.0 KB 
ID:	26150

Brilliant Alex - with your permission I will use the same poster myself.

Please note the changes in the H4H section. You will be able to purchase tickets for the prize draw and pay for shoot entries electronically from now on.

PM inbound matey looks like fun!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Sorry to duplicate a posting that is also in the H4H section but I thik that this is a little bit different. We have just been offered a bottle of port to auction in aid of H4H. This bottle is rather special as it has come from the officers mess at Hereford (22 Special Air Service) and the label clearly indicates this. It’s the genuine article, provenance is not in doubt.
    The officers have donated it on condition that it achieves a minimum of at least £100. I have said that I will guarantee that personally but I am sure that when we start the auction off and go public there will be no end of people who will be prepared to pay considerably more for something that rarely come on to the market.

Can you believe it, I've just received this email from H4H.

Good Morning Mike,
    I was giving your details by Diana McCrea who is the County Coordinator for your area. Firstly can a say a huge thank you as once again you have chosen H4H as the charity to benefit from your fundraising. I believe your event is registered with our events team and you will have your unique registration number for future reference.

Diana has informed me that after you registered the event you were very kindly presented with a sporting rifle by BASC. I’m sure this is a wonderful prize that will generate a lot of interest at your event. I did have slight reservations when informed of your intension to raffle this prize on a national level so I contacted our events team for some further guidance.
    I’m afraid like me the team feel that you may be to raffle this at your registered shoot however they don’t feel you could promote this nationally. The official line on this type of prize is “Help for Heroes do not support anything that supports or promotes violence or warfare, eg selling of guns, knives, computer games. I really hope this decision doesn’t disappoint you too much and I’m sure you’ll understand the sensitivity angle we have to take when considering this type of request. I wish you all the success at your event and please don’t hesitate to contact myself or Diana if you require any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Mick Jewitt

Mick Jewitt |Wales Regional Coordinator | Help for Heroes
    07967547381 |

If you would like to volunteer with H4H, please click here:

I'm afraid that I will have to sit down have my lunch and calm myself before I reply. What ignorace, confusing legitimate sport with violence. My initial thoughts being "well stuff you then".
    Last edited by 8x57; 02-04-2013 at 12:11.

​That's very disappointing. Email on it's way any minute to Mick Jewitt.

Mike although I've never supported your event due to work/time of year I was just thinking I should donate a days stalking for the prize draw. Then I read this I couldn't believe it how disgusting I've donated a few days to H4H which have fetched a lot of money in the past, I wont be doing it again.

I bet you feel like you have had a kick in the teeth.

Last edited by WAYNE DAVIES; 02-04-2013 at 13:23.

Before we start hitting them too hard, I've had a reply from Mick Jewitt.

Hi Tony,
    Can I first apologise for any upset I may have caused with my email to Mike Evans. I have read your email at great length and will of course pass it on to the events team for them to have a second look at the proposal. I will take full responsibility for the haste in my decision as this was purely down to a lack of knowledge on the subject on my part and I certainly never intended to cause you or your members any upset.

Iím sure the team will give this full consideration and will reply to you and Mike apologies once again and Please donít hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the near future.

Kind Regards

Mick Jewitt
    Copied to Mike (8x57). Let's hope they reconsider and reverse their ill-informed decision.