Head shots on FSTV

Steyer 6.5

Has anyone watched this weeks FSTV they did a piece on head shooting and put the graphic bits on a separate video for o18 only. I actually think they did a good job. I actually don't do it unless I'm real close so reducing chance of error further. The o18 video is graphic mind. It looks like they were using bts. Just wondered what others thought.

Locking it away with an 18 certificate was a good move, it's useful information but I wouldn't want to see too much of it.

Neil.

Has anyone watched this weeks FSTV they did a piece on head shooting and put the graphic bits on a separate video for o18 only. I actually think they did a good job. I actually don't do it unless I'm real close so reducing chance of error further. The o18 video is graphic mind. It looks like they were using bts. Just wondered what others thought.

good idea 'locking away' to over 18's
BUT, YouTube seems to think I'm underage even though my account has my correct dob. 03/01/1975. But I still get 'not available to underage users' !!!

i have no probs with the way it was done, fact is he can shoot? practice practice, but the 18 cert was the way to go for some who have never killed anything before? saying that my 10yr old son and i watch it and his words were what a cracking shoot ? he also helps me dispatch and gutout bunnys when hit with the 17 hmr, this round do's the same on bunnys so he see's head shoot trauma a lot , he also fetches the odd fox that i'v hit with the bts 308 so most are jelly bags . its the same sites as i was seeing at his age i lived on a horse meet farm the knackers man came every week with his shotgun ? killing anything has to be as quick and humain this was done in my mind . :tiphat:

Last edited:
I have done it I have shot lots of stuff but the slow mo of the doe, no need for thhat at at and fuel for the antis. Just a blood lust thing IMO

Mark

I have done it I have shot lots of stuff but the slow mo of the doe, no need for thhat at at and fuel for the antis. Just a blood lust thing IMO

Mark
Fine, so it's ok for you, you know exactly what the end result will be.
But for the shooters who haven't it at least shows the reality of what the shot will do, that alone maybe enough
to stop some people taking that shot, ever.
It's all a lesson, to me at least I think such things are worth knowing in advance, and I think the way they did it was the best way to show it.

Neil. :)

Mark

MMmmmm" dont do as I do do as I say" what fuel will it add for the antis,please explain as a good executed shot which caused no suffering in a controlled enviroment on animals that were not in the best of health.

I've just shown the slow-mo to someone at work that is so-so about deer stalking. First comment was "That animal knew nothing about that, much kinder than being in a slaughterhouse."

That was nothing to do with stalking and should not have been on field sports TV .For the ones that want to watch that type of tv go on the Jellen vid or watch this.

Enjoy

That was nothing to do with stalking and should not have been on field sports TV .For the ones that want to watch that type of tv go on the Jellen vid or watch this.

Enjoy

+1

Its nothing to do with the rights and wrongs. Or do as I say not as I do, I just feel that a slow motion close up of a does head exploding is awfal and as 6p rightly says is nothing to do with fieldsports.

I thought it was informative and at least I didn't turn it off at the ever present 'Black Islander' boots plug.

I should also add that I did not have a problem with the other head shots just the close up. I would not want to watch it again. Perhaps I am getting too soft. I feel that clip was blood and gore for the sake of it and served no purpose.

I thought it was a very well done and informative episode. I always make a point of watching FSTV when I know that Roy Lupton is on, he strikes me a decent chap and an excellent advocate for field sports. Well done Roy!

ATB

​Tom

I thought it was a very well done and informative episode. I always make a point of watching FSTV when I know that Roy Lupton is on, he strikes me a decent chap and an excellent advocate for field sports. Well done Roy!

ATB

​Tom

he was/is a forum member.

the doe footage was very much 'whay!' but pretty nasty.... not something I'd like to show to DSC1's doing their training that's for sure!

Important for reference all the same

the doe footage was very much 'whay!' but pretty nasty.... not something I'd like to show to DSC1's doing their training that's for sure!

Important for reference all the same

Think all DCS1 candidates should see this as its the reality of what a rifle bullet can do. I have sat through many H&S vid of accidents in the work place.

Just watched it and think they got it spot on. Some education in the video and also kept it separate from the main programme so the people that want to see it could. If you clicked on it you must have known what to expect

Back