Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Fair Dates 2008

Game Fair Dates 2008

AS a result of my last topic posted, when I was bitching about the rising cost of ammo, I then pronounced that I was going to the game fairs and stock up on components.

UHHH Doh, does anyone have any dates for any events, it my help me in my quest
    None released in Sporting Rifle yet as far as I know

15th of March, West Country Gamefair, Shepton Mallet Showground

There's the first

yes poodle cla is on the 25th 26th 27th july at blenhiem palace oxfordshire.booked the days of today mate.changed it now i jumped a month

sorry make that july im getting excited

Thanks, but do we attend the CLA this year after they shafted everyone so badly last year?.Mmmm. Gonna have to think about this one,

I'm trying to have a conscience.

Poddle, cant see how anyone was shafted by the CLA last year. I was all booked to go along with a great many friends for two days. I recieved a full refund back for my tickets and the cost of the pitch for my caravan, so I was treated very fairly.

Under the weather conditions which prevailed, the organisers had little option but to cancel. I admit I was very dissapointed, along with yourself and many others, but the organisers had little option open to them, and they lost a huge amount of money.

I hope this coming year will be a repeat of the weather in 2006 in Hampshire, which was great. I sincerely hope we can all meet up, and put a face to the names and all enjoy a beer and maybe a BBQ.

Perhaps Rob can organise an area for us to get togther one evening and have a social event? just a thought. Anyway lets hope this summer is a good one, including the Roe stalking.

Hello all,

I will be attending the CLA this year, I have phoned a number of caravan and camping sites and at this early stage they are fully booked up. I have managed to get a place at a good site some four miles from the game fair. They still have vacancies. If you want the details please PM me and I will gladly send them on.

I great many traders were well and truly shafted, The CLA failed to return the money that was paid to them in advance.
    Nearly bankrupted a small company that I deal with. It cost them thousands, and they certainly won't be attending ever again

Sporting Rifle did a write up on the whole scenario.

Poddle, Ahhh that does thow a different light on the whole affair. I would have thought they would pay back the site fees at least, that does seem rather harsh, and not good business sense. Having never traded at the CLA one has to ask did they not offer insurance in case of cancelation?

I also run a small business, and have every sympathy for those who have suffered, lets hope the coming year is a better one for everybody, although its looking like a recession is on the way to me

I thought it was common knowledge Sikamalc.
    It really hurt the small traders

so I really must consider if I will attend. It's great show and a great gathering for the fieldsports community, and a show of strength of course so I feel duty bound