Leica Geovid BRF 10x42 Rangefinder

Guy's
I am thinking of buying a pair of Leica Geovid BRF 10x42, but can not find any info on the range finding spec, everything else but
Does anyone know the laser range on this beastie.

Think its about 1200m but dont quote me on it,not sure if the HD model might be a bit more.
ATB Neil

They aren't as good as the swaro range finder.i got 1200y from my set but that was off a big big building. and thats what they are rated at.
you will struggle to range small stuff out at 6 7 8 hundred yards it all depends on the weather / how bright it is and so on.
i have swapped mine for the new Zeiss ones and boy what a difference they are the dogs dangles. far far better than the leica.
go and have a look through a few sets and have a play with them.
it is noticeable how much better the Zeiss are in glass and the range finder.

ATB
Cam

Thanks Willie, got what I was looking for (1,400 yrds)
camathias - I will have a look at your Zeiss bino's and let you know how I got on.

Cant beat buying a new bit of kit.

willie_gunn i like a chap with his finger on the pulse.well some call it time on there hands. :lol: :lol:

I think you will like the Zeiss bins as i have had them all.

good luck with the new bins

ATB
Cam

geovids

I reckon if anyone's had all the bins , it's me, Griff will back me up on this one, I now have only geovid rangefinders & zeiss standard bins. ;)

I have the 10x42 Geovids non HD and they are great.

There is a small plantation on a ridge that is 1300m from the larder door as long as you can see the trees you can range the plantation.

The longest I have been able to range animals is 900-1000m.

Wouldn't buy any others unless they were just as good but half the weight.

Some interesting points here.

I personally find the Zeiss a bit more picky as to eye position and field of view.

For me the Leicas get the vote as having a 'flat' field of view as compared to the 'impression of looking through a 'porthole' that I got with the Zeiss.

Fortunately, everyone's eyesight is different and all will have a particular preference.

Rgds

Ian

silver fox
as ian comments everyones eyes are different
so your decision will be a peresonal one
i personally bought the leica 10 x 42 hd s
i cannot fault them and preferred them to the zeiss
more sleeker and not so bulky as the zeiss
it took me 90 minutes to decide and theres not a lot
in it best of luck on your decision
pete .

Back