Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow....Kelso.....Help

At 7am we set off this morning, for 1mile out of village and there was carnage, cars in ditches, stuck across road, and a Range Rover Sport leaning against a fence.

Had to stop and couldnt get going again, forward or reverse.....

So after 1hr digging cars out, mate in tractor towed me home, 1hr to move 1 mile..

Kelso area is totally unaffected by snow, so it seems it is only small pocket areas in SW Scotland that are affected.

Who else has snow, at present I cant even get to the office to load up, let alone the 90miles to kelso as police have just advised A75 main route to Dumfries is closed east bound

This is my path to my house....we have drifts as high as the bonnet of a LWB Transit!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	26170

Anyone got a helicopter?
    Last edited by Scott Country; 22-03-2013 at 13:21.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! not this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, yesterday it was 6+ Degrees and sunny, and I was wearing a polo shirt and jeans in office.

Today i was in Prohunter trousers, Monsoon and Stalking boots, and i was covered from head to foot in snow.

Thankfully managed to get van back home to drive way safe with tractor without any damage, sadly others not so fortunate.

We are going to try and try to get there, but so far we cant even get to warehouse to load up.

Apparently Kelso is basking in the sun!

Watch this space for updates, and drive safe everyone, after all health and wellbeing comes first!
    Last edited by Scott Country; 22-03-2013 at 13:15.

Seeland All Round 18" 4mm Neoprene Wellies, ideal for snow 18" deep!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image(1).jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	488.3 KB 
ID:	26172

what will you do when it gets to 19" lol

will you have any copies of your discount voucher at your store sunday as i cant print of my pc.

We havent printed any copies off, but I am sure if one of your fellow forum buddies prints one they can pass it on.

Sadly we wont have chance to print any off now, as about to set off for Kelso show now.

Hopefully roads have been gritted now and will be better.

Bloody typical......
    Grampian Guns (RFD)
    Independant Moderator / Supressor Suppliers
    ..........for those who like a quiet life !
    Our mission.......Customer satisfaction......plain and simple.

Not stopped snowing all morning in this part of the borders, bit of drifting on high ground, roads fine with sensible driving.

Hardly any snow at Kelso roads perfectly clear no problems at all getting there this morning or coming back this afternoon Get yourselves to the show lads although Scotts Country didn't make it to the venue

Drove from Middlesbrough area to Kelso and back today without seeing any snow except for a light dusting near the venue. Get yourself there well worth it.