My eyes!

Win Mod 70

Having spent all day at work yesturday in front of a computer i went to zero my rifle and found that I struggled to keep my eyes focused through the scope. I regularly have medicals and eye tests and find that my eye sight is better when I havn't been sat in front of a computer screen for hours beforehand. They do seem to settle after about an hour after i walk away from the computer and have given them a rest.
Maybe I'm just getting old or alternatively I should spend less time at work and more time out stalking. Could also use this as a reason for investing a quality pair of Binos.

Win Mod 70

Been there, felt that and it's not good. I'm 49 next month and off for an eye test today!
Best tip is to drink plenty of water and no scotch!
I fear the computer isn't conducive to good eyesight...

If you wear glasses it may be worth getting a set with the focal lenght set for the distance of the screen.

Try using a microscope and a VDU all day!!!

Eyes do get tierd so you need to look away from the VDU at something in the distance at regular intervals. If its a problem then off to the opticians i am afraid.

20+ yrs of above has not been kind to my eyes.

D

For the last 20+ years part of my job requires me to sit in fromt of a computer for long, long periods (sometimes 10 hours per 24). Whenever I go target shooting after a long session in front of a pc my eyes are affected. I have noticed that in many occasions. Nothing I can do about it, really...

Been there, felt that and it's not good. I'm 49 next month and off for an eye test today!
Best tip is to drink plenty of water and no scotch!
I fear the computer isn't conducive to good eyesight...

Did you get that the wrong way drink more scotch and no water DJC

Did you get that the wrong way drink more scotch and no water DJC

Never put water in Scotch unless it's cask strength IMO. No, meant it as a bad day in front of the computer is bad enough but with the eyes dehydrated horrid.
I've a mate who really suffers but only when coding for more than 60 hours a week...

AND get your eyes tested regularly as my old man had glaucoma and went as blind as a bat.

Back