Curly Coat Retrievers

The Croc

I know they're probably not a choice for a Stalker, but someone may know the answer
Anyone know of a working strain/kennel?
Not in a desperate rush for a dog, got a couple of years before I need to get another dog

Loads of show kennels out there with dogs doing some kind of working test to get its "full champion" status?
Ive seen these Murray River Curlys, if I can't find a good CCR, I might think about one of those
Brian

They are pretty rare in the UK, so finding a good working one isnt going to be easy. Go back to where the breed originates from, and work from there.

What you describe regarding "full champions" is happening to Tollers too, very few working owners resulting in a complete loss of the breeds working qualities and the sad demise of a quality dog within the working arena.

There was a bloke in Kent Wildfowler who bred his own working line. I haven't been in touch for a couple of years but I'll try and get his details.

There was a bloke in Kent Wildfowler who bred his own working line. I haven't been in touch for a couple of years but I'll try and get his details.

Thanks SG much appreciated, there seems to be more working ones about than I thought.

Brian

They are pretty rare in the UK, so finding a good working one isnt going to be easy. Go back to where the breed originates from, and work from there.

What you describe regarding "full champions" is happening to Tollers too, very few working owners resulting in a complete loss of the breeds working qualities and the sad demise of a quality dog within the working arena.

I think that's the sad tale once the show fraternity get they're hands on a good working breed, you've only got to look at that barrel that won crufts.
it probably couldn't even get to the first drive, let alone the end of it

​Brian

Back