Deer Initiative Best Practice Day North West England

Ronin

Distinguished Member
Dear All, please be advised of the following event taking place in Cumbria

​The Deer InitiativeDeer Best Practice DaySaturday 20th April 2013

This will be a one day practical workshop event for land/site managers and deer practitioners and willcover Firearms, Carcase Handling, and Risk Assessments.

Speakers will include:

Firearms : Bradley Bourner - Professional rifle instructor and deer manager.

Risk Assessments : John Thornley - Joint author of the book Fair Game

Carcass Handling: Andrew Dewhirst -
Wildlife Ranger with the Forestry Commission

You will also receive a free copy of the current Deer Best Practice guide

Venue Peil Wyke, Bassenthwaite, CA13 9YG

Time Registration: 08.00hrs with tea/coffee available

Event timings: 08.30hrs - 16.30hrs

What to bring Please bring with you outdoor clothing and a packed lunch Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided on the day

Contacts

If you require any further information about the day please contact Alastair Boston on07855 606 877 or email northwest@thedeerinitiative.co.u

For further bookings please contact Clare Dyson at Cumbria Woodlands on 01539 822439or e-mail on
clare@cumbriawoodlands.co.uk

An event which should appeal to all stalkers

£15 for the day according to the cumbria woodlands website. I doubt that they'll be covering the deer code for Scotland, but if you want it from someone that'll know what the code for Scotland is call Mr Boston, he'll know.:)

Last edited:
Dave

speak to Alistair re Deer Code Scotland -

The three topics as far as I am aware are Firearms, Risk Assessments and Carcass Handling.

I understand that the event is £30 per person , but if you meet certain criteria the cost is reduced 50% and subsidised by Cumbria Woodlands I am not 100% on the criteria for discount, but I think one may be if you are resident of Cumbria.

The day is very good value - a copy of Best Practice alone is worth £25....

Inputs from any of the three speakers would be worth the attendance fee in my book.

Back