Thread: Any shooting/hunting/fishing recommendations for Prague?

Any shooting/hunting/fishing recommendations for Prague?

Just found out that I'm going on a detachment to Caslav for a couple of weeks in June, with the weekend off inbetween, anyone got any shooting/hunting/fishing related recommendations. Would love to go shooting or something..

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    It's about a 5 hour drive, but how about heading down to Slovenia? I had a long weekend fly fishing there a couple of years ago and it's just a superb place to fish - trout, marmorata and greyling in crystal clear, glacier-fed, rivers.

I flew out to Ljubljana with a couple of Swedish colleagues. We were picked up from the airport and headed up to Celje, which is the right side of Slovenia for you. We stayed in a B&B that cost €27 half board - with free home-made liquers - and had three days of wonderful fishing.

And click on the image below to see a video of one of the stretches we fished - gin clear water and hard fighting fish.

I arranged all the fishing before I travelled out there. I used the sevices of Rok Lustrik ( and would thoroughly recommend him. Our guide was a member of the Slovenian national fishing team and couldn't be bettered.

I've worked in the Czech Republic (Rakovnik) but not fished or hunted there. That said, on the drive from Prague to Rakovnik I saw plenty of roe, so I'm sure there must be hunting available.

Last edited by willie_gunn; 26-03-2013 at 13:04.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Dorset/Somerset/Wilts Border
    Blog Entries
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.