Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lothian and Borders too efficient?

Lothian and Borders too efficient?

Well, on Friday I sold my .223 as unsuited to my type of handling. I sent off the email to advise it was sold also added I would be looking for a one for one variation with my licence in for renewal. Last week I had a phone call about my renewal. I now have to send it back with the form as it was posted yesterday. Three weeks start to finish. Current one expires 23/4/13. They could not have been more helpful. Well done L and B. hope you fair well in the reorganisation. Jim

I have always found L&B very helpful.

Yeah, totally efficient.

Never had ANY errors, omissions, delays, incorrect information, refusal to adhere to the H.O. Guidance to Police wording, etc. Actually, I'm telling a lie - I've had nothing but for the last couple/three years....

My last (current) one-for-one was put in in March, but March 2012 not March 2013.

STILL has not been finished/corrected
    Last edited by saddler; 26-03-2013 at 16:54.

Mine have always taken at least the full 12 weeks for them to sort out!

Sounds like I will miss Ian when he retires? Never had any hassle over this side of the lothians.

Always swift and helpful.
    few ommisions on certficates but duly noted and rectified.

My last variation was back to me in 2 weeks

I would rather get a variation back with the thing I want and a few admin errors IN GOOD TIME
    than wait 4 months to get it back full stop!

And last time I completed my renewal I did a co-terminus and they came back with 2 different addresses on them!

You folks have no idea how good you have it. A wee spell with Strathclyde would sort you out.

​ever heard of someone with authority to buy 50 22lr rounds but possess only 20? Work that one out.

They have always been brilliant with me,, no issues ever, and seriously helpfull

Yes, Ian has always been brand new.
    Granted everything i asked for in good time & well communicated throughout the whole process - L&B have to be one of the better authorities to deal with in Scotland... i used to be Tayside & they were a f**king nightmare!!
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!