Can any one help with quick load.

foggy

Hi all.

please could anyone help me find out what sort of velocity I will get with this load.

308.. 20 inch barrell.

150 grain nosler partitions, Lapua brass, fired and neck sized.

20 though from the lands, 2.31 length with horn addy comparator.

45.5 grains of Varget.

its a nice accurate load, but would be nice to find out the velocity.

thank you in advance.

​nik.

Last edited:
Hi all.

please could anyone help me find out what sort of velocity I will get with this load.

308.. 20 inch barrell.

45.5 grains of Varget.

thank you in advance.

​nik.

only one real way to find out is to use a chrono,quickload is only a guess

According to Noslers reloading guide No 6, that load would produce about 2800 to 2850 fps in a 24 inch barrel. Less 4 inches maybe 100 fps less, ballpark. Like see it shoot it says, the only way to know is to shoot over a chrony. That being said, if it shoots well in your rifle, use it. A nosler doing about 2700 will definitly work well on game.

AB

Hi all.

308.. 20 inch barrell.

45.5 grains of Varget.

thank you in advance.

​nik.

How deep is the bullet seated into the case? The 2.31" quoted is meaningless. Need an overall length or a seating depth for that bullet.

PM if you wish to explore further.

The 'generic' number is approx 2750 fps

As for quick load being a guess well if you tune the software and then check with a chronograph most of the guess is removed.
For those who are unwilling to 'do the work' or bother to understand, yeah it's a guess.
Quick-load is not a tool for anyone who does not know what they are doing, it does not give accurate results out of the box without 'tuning'.

How deep is the bullet seated into the case? The 2.31" quoted is meaningless. Need an overall length or a seating depth for that bullet.

PM if you wish to explore further.

The 'generic' number is approx 2750 fps

As for quick load being a guess well if you tune the software and then check with a chronograph most of the guess is removed.
For those who are unwilling to 'do the work' or bother to understand, yeah it's a guess.
Quick-load is not a tool for anyone who does not know what they are doing, it does not give accurate results out of the box without 'tuning'.

even with "tuning" quickload is a prediction and not real time,as I said only real way is at least 10 shot over a chrono

Ok. Guys.

will try and get a chronograph.

the reason I ask is that a load with nosler ballistic tips and 47 grains of Varget was producing 2780 ft/sec.

but they are boat tails and these are flat base. Was a little bit unsure why the 47 grain load was low and just trying to find out if the partition would be running too slow. I went up to 47 grains with the partitions, but the load wasn't as accurate.

thanks for looking though.

Back