Staffordshire Stalking Group

Stalking 6.5x55

I was just wondering if there was a group in the staffordshire area of stalkers. Any one having regular trips together etc. day at the range and all that. just thought id ask as wont mind getting involved.

i am very keen to learn about deer management and techniques etc even if i don't get to take a shot id still just enjoy the stalking techniques and tracking and animal selection etc. i don't have anybody now as my brother in law has moved down to Devon who got me into shooting. I am also into foxing with lamps and i have the ns200. Im new to this game too and would also like to find someone/ group to go out with and learn from.

Would be willing to travel some distance to gain my experience. I have my dsc1 also

Last edited:
I would be interested if there was a group as well even if it was just an informal meet up occasionally with odd range days

Maybe we need a meet at a local watering hole? I would be up for range days, stalking trips, shared syndicate ground etc?

Lets make this happen

If you want a PAYG range, then locally limited to Calton moor (Tunnel) or a touch further afield "The bog" (Minsterly)

If you have SSCs then that will open up more possibilities for you.

Mike

Last edited:
Im up for that mike. Syndicate is also an excellent idea. The reason i started this link is to start something local. Stalking can sometimes be a lonely sport. Even better if you have friends who understand your sport. Where about in staffs are you from?

Im up for that mike. Syndicate is also an excellent idea. The reason i started this link is to start something local. Stalking can sometimes be a lonely sport. Even better if you have friends who understand your sport. Where about in staffs are you from?

I am from "God's Country" - Wales, but currently live in Staffs - if you follow the link in my signature (last line) - you will see. I am about 20 mins from you. I am the training officer with Uttoxeter Rifle club too, we shoot at Thorpe Cloud range out to 500yds, if you are interested in joining, drop me a PM - we also have a 25m Barrack range we use.

Mike

I am from "God's Country" - Wales, but currently live in Staffs - if you follow the link in my signature (last line) - you will see. I am about 20 mins from you. I am the training officer with Uttoxeter Rifle club too, we shoot at Thorpe Cloud range out to 500yds, if you are interested in joining, drop me a PM - we also have a 25m Barrack range we use.

Mike

yes i know werrington well my parents live at Blythe Bridge. 500yds sounds like a good challenge. Well we'll all have meet at a watering whole and discuss a day and see what goes from there. Training officer!! Sounds an interesting job.

Im up for a meet up some time, i did try and get a staffordshire meet one evening but work got in the way for most of us.

It looks like we are going have sort a night at a watering whole and organise a day at the range. Would be good to meet some local guns.

Suggestions on a time and place then - sooner as opposed to later, so the steam doesn't run out of the idea?

Im away with work atm, and away a fair bit until the end of may. But if theres a date made i will do my best to be there.

Back