DSC 1 one to one??

reelme

does anybody offer the dsc level 1 on a one to one ?
due to my work i have been unable to take the dsc level 1 with the basc or bds so was wondering if anyone offered it where i could do it one to one ??
any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi there,
What exactly are you after? You could get one to one coaching if you wanted it, but the assessment is done independently. You could just book onto an assessment day only - probably over in a half day to be honest and make sure you're genned up beforehand. Many will have done it this way. I'm sure one of the companies on here will be able to offer a bespoke learning package to you if you need it - I'd start by signing up with the Jelen ILC or DSCTraining websites and familiarising yourself with the questions and see where you get to. Loads of helps and tips on here.....

Talk to BDS or BASC and given the number of courses they both run, I am sure you can track down an assessment only session that would suit you, if you are prepared to travel. I was speaking to Andy Chadderton at the Stalking Fair and he said a growing number of folk were doing assessment only. Keep in mind that folk do fail the assessment only sessions and half the benefit of these courses is meeting folk.
​Regards JCS

Thanks for the quick responses gents!
i want to do the full course as with my work i do a lot of CBT(computer based training) stuff and it's just death by powerpoint and i tend to lose interest after ten minutes! but doing courses physically always seems to be more rewarding!
thanks again to you all and happy hunting
pm's replied and looks like course sorted!
​cheers
Darren

due to my work i have been unable to take the dsc level 1 with the basc or bds so was wondering if anyone offered it where i could do it one to one ??

Yes the BDS offer a one to one service

i contacted the BDS of which i'm a member and was advised by the training dept that to do a one to one would probably cost three times as much!

Hi reelme it will cost a lot more for a one to one than if take the dsc1 as a group. The problem with dsc1 is to make it pay you really need at least six people to make it worth while. The costs involved are quite high by the time you pay DMQ also the assessor and all the running costs theres not a lot left. The best way for you would proberly be to book on to a 2 day course or just do the assesment after doing loads of home learning either with the manual or combination with your pc and manual.
Atb Dave (Jelen deer services )

Reelmee. Pm me I am just on the northumbrian/cumbrian border and can help.

I can highly recommend roestalker for your DSC 1. A good instructor with a professional but friendly manner.

Back