hornady sst in 25.06

guineapig

hi all just wondered if any of you have tried these in your 25.06 as my howa sprays them all over the place cant even call it a group more like a pattern of a foot at 100 yrds. only put 50 rounds through rifle but it shoots my home loads with 75g v max and 100g b. tip into tiny groups .they are the 117g factory loads. thanks for any input atb tony

hi stalkerboydy you are correct who u think it is i have taken remaining rounds to bits and am going to use brass and heads wiht imr 4831 to see what happens . i reckon its too hot a load in my gun as it feels very fierce compared to my homeloads maybe hornady just stoking up a bit much to get claimed velocity?

hi stalkerboydy you are correct who u think it is i have taken remaining rounds to bits and am going to use brass and heads wiht imr 4831 to see what happens . i reckon its too hot a load in my gun as it feels very fierce compared to my homeloads maybe hornady just stoking up a bit much to get claimed velocity?

hiya mate you finally got the.25. I tried SST when they first came out and with IMR 4831 they shot ragged holes at 100yrds but was not impressed about using them on ANY Deer and as you know I've shot/shoot one or to. With the same powder try Hornady 117gr Round Nose get my numbers of Glen if you want some Data

Back