I'm going out stalking reds tmoro!!

stratts

Out of the blue I got a great invite out thanks to Digger9523 to join him tmoro on his Red Hind cull on Hockham Estate near Thetford. :D He's kindly going to take me under his wing with a bit of unofficial DSC1 bursary training with a stalk to a high seat then see what shows.

So with a bit of luck I might get to grass my 1st deer, but even if I don't I'm sure I'll learn a lot and be prepared for a load of hushed questions matey!! ;)

Wish me luck and I'll do a write up and update my blog when I get back,

Stratts

yip thats all part of the invite, as already said shoot the smallest one, especially true when shooting reds. enjoy yourself

And once more into the breech i go, for another lonely drive to the desolate wastelands of the north....! :D 0'darkhundred Sparra's fart o'clock.

Looking forward to catching you L8ters as the kids say mate! Don't forget your gloves and lunch box. Petis Filous yoghurts have the quietist lids.....;)

Had a crackin day out but unfortunately still a stalking virgin. Have updated the blog with a write up of the afternoon,

Stratts

I'd say your virginity has been taken!
You're no longer a virgin stalker you're now a virgin deer shooter.
You're learning valuable lessons in deer stalking, you dont always grass a deer by any means.

Ah yes good point mate. Still lots to learn. Like don't leave your gloves in the car before you start, then leave your shooting coat in someone else's landy who lives 3 hrs away when you finish!! :doh:

Ah yes good point mate. Still lots to learn. Like don't leave your gloves in the car before you start, then leave your shooting coat in someone else's landy who lives 3 hrs away when you finish!! :doh:
These thing happen. Leaving the coat in the jeep was a good Idea you will have to go on another stalk to pick it up!Its a ill wind that blow no good!

Back