munty

nod

was out checking my mole traps and was half way round field when this little chap came wondering out, didnt even see me, was taken from about 15yards away, if i had my gun i wouldnt have seen anything, always the way, but he is there for another day
munty001_zpsab51ed71.jpg

very nice budy wish we had them up here would love to shot one . my wee lad love,s there skulls says there like little dragons

Yep sods law is marvelous.

I was out last week checking a few earths and sets for fox cubs and momenterily deliberated with myself whether to go armed :confused:.
first i got within 100m of a carrion trying to eat a lamb alive. Next field stalked to within 50 of a mangey fox that was transfixed by some Mallards in a bit of White grass. Then stomped through a large wood to check a dissused badger set only to bump a Munjac who calmly trotted off 80m then stopped to have a good look back at me :dummy:

Needless to say i did not have a gun.

Nod
Ive got a mole problem on my lawn at the mo. in the past i waited to see the soil move after flattening the mole hill down and dug him out with a quick dig with the spade. Ive tried mole traps afterr clearing out the run but only ever got soil. What do you think the problem is. Can he smell my hands or is it something to do with the light showing through into the run???
Ta in advance
kev

Nod
Ive got a mole problem on my lawn at the mo. in the past i waited to see the soil move after flattening the mole hill down and dug him out with a quick dig with the spade. Ive tried mole traps afterr clearing out the run but only ever got soil. What do you think the problem is. Can he smell my hands or is it something to do with the light showing through into the run???
Ta in advance
kev

Get yourself a couple of barrel traps , adjust the release points with some plyers so they set off easy , find a straight run ,if it forks forget it and try elsewhere , ONLY make hole as big as the trap, then before you place your trap in clean out ALL lose soil as thiswill act as a plug in front of the mole and you will catch mud!, set your trap , then sprinkle a thin layer or fine soil over it , just enough to see top of trap , , in less than a day you will have your mole ...easy

Back