Custom knife maker

Richard Parsons

I was wondering if anyone knows who I can contact to make me a custom knife. If there are any websites I can look at I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

I recommend Alan Wood in Cumbria 100%.
I have 2 from him that I bought 20 years ago, ( before they became as desirable as they are now) They are great knives, but I leave them at home nowadays and use Victorinox boning knives in the field at a tenner a go.

I recommend a guy called Phil Siddel. He made my Knife it;s the Damascus hunter which you can see on his website. All hand forged, Used Thuderforge Damascus from the US and It'll do at least 6 Fallow between having to re-Sharpen's touching the bone the lot.

http://www.forgedknives.co.uk/

Jason

Didn't know Geoff was making fixed blades again......

Made me a fab knife in 2000 - its gutted hundreds of rabbits, plenty roe/red and Wilderbeest.....

My wife's expecting at the end of Jan - if its a boy I'll order a fixed blade for him - will probably be a 2yr wait as the last one but worth it...

Rob

Jason said:
I recommend a guy called Phil Siddel. He made my Knife it;s the Damascus hunter which you can see on his website. All hand forged, Used Thuderforge Damascus from the US and It'll do at least 6 Fallow between having to re-Sharpen's touching the bone the lot.

http://www.forgedknives.co.uk/

Jason

Unfortunately Phil Siddel is not making knives any more, shame as they looked cracking bits of kit.

Taken from his web site.

Due to other work commitments I have decided not to undertake to make any more knives for the foreseeable future.

Kind regards

Philip Siddell

pip said:
Geoff Hague is back making fixed blades again. Lovely knives though pricey.
i think he had a stand at the midland game fair nice but to expensive to take out in the field the one i liked was 280 quid

Well i paid £280 9yrs ago for my Hague knife and I reckon it was one of the best investments i ever bought - every time it gets used it reminds me of the quality & workmanship and will last me a life time of rabbit gutting & deer gralloching... :)

In my book if you pay for a quality knife it must be used..... ;)

Rob

If you are interested in a custom knife have a look at the attached website for Paul Kaye Knives. Paul is a member on here. He is "Knifeman"

www.paulkayeknives.com

Paul makes fixed blade knives in various sizes. The smaller ones are suitable for gutting rabbits and light work. The medium sized ones are suitable for a gralloch and the biggest ones are used by bushcraft people.

Paul makes his blades from 01 tool steel, damascus or high grade stainless (RWL34). Handles are from whatever you want - stabalised or unstabalised wood, horn, bone, wooly mamoth tooth, plastic, whatever. He also does nice leather work and produces lovely sheaths.

I have to declare an interest because Paul is my brother in law. The black handled damascus knife with red liners shown in the damascus section of his website is mine (and its one of my most treasured things). However, if you have a look at the site I don't think you'll be dissappointed. His work is up there with the well known makers on British Blades etc.

Enjoy.

Dovebob

Back